MM.Org Season One - PRESEASON WEEK ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MM.Org Season One - PRESEASON WEEK ONE

This is just pre-season. It will run from 12:01 AM on Friday, March 5th until midnight the following Friday. So, basically you get an extra day.

Here's the (slightly modified) rules 7DT posted for the last SAW over at that other place... yes I went there to get it and ... the horror...

Anyway, here we go:

Rules are simple, do 1-2 things every week, Post your creations in the weekly thread as soundcloud/youtube links.

The deadline for this week is end of play, Friday, March 12th.

Short rules:
    - You have until Friday midnight/Saturday morning to post your submission
    - Either do an original song or a cover/medley.
    - Submissions must be stuff you've done this week, no matter how awesome an old track/recording is
    - 10 points for each submission, per category.
    - submissions as souncloud or youtube links. Well, as long as it is playable from a post in the thread really.
    - You can do multiple entries per category, but only the first one will score points.
    - no eliminations, do your stuff as and when you can
    - Don't be a dick to other people. You can go to ss.org for that.
    - Don't steal other peoples songs
    - Most important of all: have fun!
    In the end, it's just pre-season, so there are no winners - not sure if that makes us all losers - or is that just me... ummm... anyhoo... Hopefully this will tide us all over for a while until 7DT can get back in and set up a proper season for us.

Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

So, here's my entry! lyrics in video description

Was inspired by the recent news of states of Texas and Missisippi not making the brightest move
    https://loudwire.com/mississippi-ful...-mask-mandate/

I did two improvised solos, since I didn't feel like taking any time to actually compose anything (other than the "melody section" inside solo part, obviously)

If anybody wonders, I have given up my singing career as I dont think my voice is strong enough for real bands/projects.
    However, I can enjoy singing for "fun stuff" like this challenge, for example.

Comment

Great job, Ced! I kept waiting for you to swap in the Solar that's sitting in the background.

Comment

Fuck yeah! I should have my submission(s) by Sunday, if not tomorrow night. Depends on how fast I get the drum tracks back from my buddy.
        The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazon_Stone View Post

Was inspired by the recent news of states of Texas and Missisippi not making the brightest move

I did two improvised solos, since I didn't feel like taking any time to actually compose anything (other than the "melody section" inside solo part, obviously)

If anybody wonders, I have given up my singing career as I dont think my voice is strong enough for real bands/projects.

Kickass dude! You know I have always liked your voice more than the singers you work with lol

Comment

Christ Ced, in today's age of miming videos for YouTube cred, here comes Ced improvising flawless fucking solos like it's nothin, no cutaways, just a straight shot of badassery.

And we've spoken numerous times about your singing, it's a bummer you don't hear the same things we all do in your voice, bro!
            The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Me watching Ced's entry for this week..

Comment

Thank ya'll!!! I was so excited about this challenge I wrote another song a coupel of hours BEFORE this pre-season started.
                So by rules, you wont hear it.

Looking forward to when real challenge starts.

Comment

Thank ya'll!!! I was so excited about this challenge I wrote another song a coupel of hours BEFORE this pre-season started.
                  So by rules, you wont hear it.

Looking forward to when real challenge starts.
                  This is the pre-season - post it up. Don't be a tease.

Comment

Not quite sure I'm happy/done with this, but I think it's good enough to get some feedback from you fine folks. Pretty positive I don't like the bass tone, but the louder I listen, the better it sounds. \m/

Comment

Award winning guitar and bass tone!

Comment

Originally posted by Iron1 View Post
                        Not quite sure I'm happy/done with this, but I think it's good enough to get some feedback from you fine folks. Pretty positive I don't like the bass tone, but the louder I listen, the better it sounds. \m/

Killer man! Some FF / Divine Hersey influence in there

Comment

As the kids would say; this slaps! I’m still fairly confident you use that inch and a half thick steel cabling meant for keeping heavy items in place as guitar strings.

Comment

Thanks, guys!

Comment

Tough acts to follow. Hoping to get mine in tonight.

Blazon_Stone Those solos were great. Crazy that you came up with those on the spot.

Iron1 Cool song, and that mix is fucking crushing!

Comment

I have no idea how to post tracks in the mobile version of this. here's 10 minutes of post metal

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                  here's 10 minutes of post metal
                                  Love this. It evolves in a really organic way throughout the track and held my rapt interest the entire time as it developed.

Comment

Originally posted by sgjackson View Post

Love this. It evolves in a really organic way throughout the track and held my rapt interest the entire time as it developed.

Comment

As always, great stuff Nick! Would make a killer reprieve on an album with your other stuff.

Comment

As always, great stuff Nick! Would make a killer reprieve on an album with your other stuff.
                                        I've actually got a band together to do this stuff live but need to wait another 4 months to get out of lockdown if that ever happens...

Comment

As usual your playing is eye watering

Comment

Damn guys killer sounding stuff. Ima try to put something together - waiting for new headphones to be delivered.
                                            O K T H E N

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

As usual your playing is eye watering
                                              How’d you smell his fart through a video?

Comment

Nice work guys, and fucking hell Ced, you're really setting the bar high.

Here's mine. Pardon my laziness as I just did the SWOLA Riff Challenge thing and it's kinda crap, but at least I did a video.

I quickly realised I was just ripping off Iron Maiden's Invaders for the first part, so I decided to just roll with it. Tried to make it sound like Invaders in the style of Nevermore.

Comment

I have started a sort of NWBHM/power metal tune - let's see what becomes of it. Have the drums and most of the riffs ready, still need to finish vocals, bass and solos.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X