New $20 dollar bass day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New $20 dollar bass day.

I bought my friend this peavey grind 5 string as a gift 7 years ago. He stopped playing and told me I could have it for $20 dollars he just wanted it out of the house.. also gave me an old line 6 bass floor pod with it. Click image for larger version  Name:	20230114_164839.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.10 MB ID:	69749 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230114_191639.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.58 MB ID:	69750

Well that's sure as fuck 20 bucks well spent.

Comment

Hell yeah. He thought the neck was warped. I got it home. Bridge saddles were way too high. Took me less than 5 minutes to get the action lowered.

Comment

Its missing one string ferrule on the high string. But the bridge you can top load strings or go through ferrule. Going to order replacement ferrules tonight

Comment

That's fucking awesome! I always loved those basses.

If you ever want to get rid of it, I'll give ya $40 for it. 😄

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Haha 50 percent markup

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Honestly if i was ever to get rid of it I would just gift it to you or someone else on the forum. You guys have helped me out in the past and I'd feel better about spreading the love. Plus knowing it's going to someone that would take care of it

Comment

Those grinds are supposed to be pretty good, nice score.

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Nice score! How do those stock pickups sound? And, man, I haven't seen a bass floor pod in the wild in so very long.
                    Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Originally posted by Iron1 View Post
                      Nice score! How do those stock pickups sound? And, man, I haven't seen a bass floor pod in the wild in so very long.
                      I haven't plugged it in yet but I remember when I got it for my buddy 7 years ago. It sounded great. Dude could literally play any dream theater song. But then just got out of playing bass all together 3 years ago. i had scored it used for 300 bucks 7 years ago. So actually its my 320 bass. 20 bucks to buy it back was a no brainer, i dont play bass but I like playing bass time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbwells View Post

20 bucks to buy it back was a no brainer, i dont play bass but I like playing bass time to time.
                        That's a no-brainer every day of the week. Ha, you could probably trade the floor pod into GC for $20+ credit and have a free bass.

Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

That rules. Pretty crazy deal!

Comment

Originally posted by Iron1 View Post

That's a no-brainer every day of the week. Ha, you could probably trade the floor pod into GC for $20+ credit and have a free bass.
                            Lol yeah that's what I was thinking. I was just going to use my eleven rack into my power amp and get a small bass cab. I don't really need the floor pod.

Comment

Awesome-looking bass.

Reminds me of when I gave the first guitar I ever owned to my brother's friend because I thought the guitar was garbage and he had said that he wanted to learn guitar but didn't have money. My friend felt really bad about accepting it for free, so I said "Well, it's a piece of trash, but if it makes you feel better, you can give me $10 for it." (and he gave me $10. Don't ask me what I spent it on. I think I just put it in my wallet and used it on gas or something). Your bass there, though, looks way better.

Comment

Those are nice basses. Score!

Comment

Holy shit, that's awesome! Congrats.

Comment

Damn. Now THAT's a deal!

Comment

And it matches my couch extra score !

Comment

Great deal!

Comment

Working...