Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Johnston Schecter PT sig

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nick Johnston Schecter PT sig

    Click image for larger version  Name:	goet2kavype8gjzdnhrb.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	8047

    Oh my.... time to bury the credit card in The back yard.

    This is from a limited run of Schecter US custom shop and a steep $3200.

    i hope they put out an inport version of this.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	162574220_4457646950918748_8388986297437820636_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=9e2e56&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=VnPaGAt_kIUAX9Kbt1v&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&tp=14&oh=cacd69dbf95985b55da776b27f75c62c&oe=607E627B.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	8048
    O K T H E N

    #2
    Very nice. I like everything about it except the Strat bridge saddles.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by jacksonplayer View Post
      Very nice. I like everything about it except the Strat bridge saddles.
      Yeah if they are going to go the whole aged nitro and hardware route I think a regular tele bridge would have looked better. I think maybe Nick must prefer the strat style bridge more.

      At first I was like that is Fender CS money.. then i realized you are not getting a wenge neck with ebony board and Jescar sIlver frets from there.

      O K T H E N

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Webdood View Post

        At first I was like that is Fender CS money.. then i realized you are not getting a wenge neck with ebony board and Jescar sIlver frets from there.
        And, unfortunately, the resale value of a dime a dozen Schecter.

        Great looking fiddle and I'm sure it's nice, but hard pass on a Schecter anything for 3 large.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Chris View Post

          And, unfortunately, the resale value of a dime a dozen Schecter.

          Great looking fiddle and I'm sure it's nice, but hard pass on a Schecter anything for 3 large.
          If it was something completely custom to my specs, I might spend 3k on one, but for a tele....yeah no hahah.

          If they have an import version of this priced like his strats they will sell a ton.
          O K T H E N

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Chris View Post

            And, unfortunately, the resale value of a dime a dozen Schecter.

            Great looking fiddle and I'm sure it's nice, but hard pass on a Schecter anything for 3 large.
            I swear, the imports ruined their name. American made Schecters are as good as Suhr and Anderson, but everyone sees that name and thinks $650 Hellraiser.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Chris View Post

              And, unfortunately, the resale value of a dime a dozen Schecter.

              Great looking fiddle and I'm sure it's nice, but hard pass on a Schecter anything for 3 large.
              Yeah, that's basically an Anderson - Tom worked in the USA Schecter shop for years before going solo. Great looking guitar, but the rosewood neck is just - to me - such a weird choice. Nick's guitar though and I dig the shit out of it.

              Weird to see him with anything with a humbucker in it, though.

              Comment


                #8
                Fender american performer has entered the chat.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by noodles View Post

                  I swear, the imports ruined their name. American made Schecters are as good as Suhr and Anderson, but everyone sees that name and thinks $650 Hellraiser.
                  Ive seen some jaw-dropping US Customs. The swirls they are doing are amazing looking as are the epoxy/burl tops.

                  But yeah this is why we have things like E-II and LTD and Epiphone. Keep the high end separate and nobody will think of your brand being a bargain brand and thus lesser than brand x.

                  Originally posted by Drew View Post

                  Yeah, that's basically an Anderson - Tom worked in the USA Schecter shop for years before going solo. Great looking guitar, but the rosewood neck is just - to me - such a weird choice. Nick's guitar though and I dig the shit out of it.

                  Weird to see him with anything with a humbucker in it, though.
                  He has been rocking an HSS strat lately and they even have import versions of them available. I am considering trading in my LTD ST with floyd HSS for one...

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	750-TradNJHSSAF_angle.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	8131

                  Originally posted by Budda View Post
                  Fender american performer has entered the chat.

                  If I was going to buy a fender it would probably be that model. Probably the best value fender has right now.
                  Sonic Blue, actual Rosewood and jumbo frets, made in USA. Yes please.



                  O K T H E N

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Webdood View Post

                    He has been rocking an HSS strat lately and they even have import versions of them available. I am considering trading in my LTD ST with floyd HSS for one...

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	750-TradNJHSSAF_angle.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	8131
                    Huh, I missed that. His tone, at least through "Remarkably Human" (I haven't listened to his newest as much) is such a singlecoil sound, that I'm struggling to imagine him with humbuckers. Cool!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I have no idea who this person is.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Chris View Post
                        I have no idea who this person is.


                        O K T H E N

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Ah yeah, that dude. I think I ask who he is every time his name comes up.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Chris View Post
                            Ah yeah, that dude. I think I ask who he is every time his name comes up.
                            I think you were the guy that showed him to Drew
                            O K T H E N

                            Comment


                              #15
                              $3200 for what's basically a G&L Bluesboy? That's a hard pass

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Isn't the "PT" model the Pete Townsend signature? It's like a Slash Les Paul.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                  Isn't the "PT" model the Pete Townsend signature? It's like a Slash Les Paul.
                                  They just kept calling the tele style guitars PT after the endorsement ended I guess..

                                  From thewho.net

                                  Schecter PT/Saturn (1984)

                                  Originally issued with no name, later named the “Saturn,” and subsequently renamed the “PT.” Later versions are of considerably different design than the original issue. Not endorsed by Pete.
                                  • Cream-bound Alder body.
                                  • 25½″ scale bolt-on rock maple neck with either maple or rosewood fingerboard, 22 extra-jumbo frets, 16″ radius and Schecter’s 6-in-line headstock.
                                  • Two Schecter ‘SuperRock’ tapped humbuckers pickups with master volume and tone/tap controls.
                                  • Sperzel locking tuners and choice of hardware color.
                                  • Available in Gloss Black and Vintage Gold top.

                                  Now I gotta go listen to Eminence Front like 50 times
                                  O K T H E N

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Webdood View Post

                                    Now I gotta go listen to Eminence Front like 50 times
                                    Dammit! Thanks for the earworm…

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by jim777 View Post
                                      $3200 for what's basically a G&L Bluesboy? That's a hard pass
                                      That was the first thing I thought, too.

                                      For anyone who's wondering, here's the G&L Tribute version: https://reverb.com/item/39738108-g-l...assic-bluesboy

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by jacksonplayer View Post

                                        That was the first thing I thought, too.

                                        For anyone who's wondering, here's the G&L Tribute version: https://reverb.com/item/39738108-g-l...assic-bluesboy
                                        I STILL haven't played a G&L Tribute, but I've only heard good (very good, actually) things about them. I got my Bluesboy because I thought I wanted that neck humbucker but a regular, generic Tele turned out to be my Tele of choice.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by Webdood View Post

                                          I think you were the guy that showed him to Drew
                                          He was a name I'd seen a bunch but never actually listened to, but yes, Chris was the guy who finally got me to check him out, with a "hey Drew, this sounds like something you'd love, he plays the same sort of stuff you do." Just, he's better.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by Drew View Post

                                            He was a name I'd seen a bunch but never actually listened to, but yes, Chris was the guy who finally got me to check him out, with a "hey Drew, this sounds like something you'd love, he plays the same sort of stuff you do." Just, he's better.
                                            O K T H E N

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Oh and in an odd twist of timing .... Henning just did a "review" on the custom shop vs import HSS.


                                              O K T H E N

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Webdood View Post
                                                Oh and in an odd twist of timing .... Henning just did a "review" on the custom shop vs import HSS.


                                                Too lazy to watch. What's his conclusion?

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Drew View Post

                                                  Too lazy to watch. What's his conclusion?
                                                  He said the cheaper does the job just fine and its a great guitar and he would prefer it than to any AZ more expensive Ibanez.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X