NGD: Don't Open til Christmas edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGD: Don't Open til Christmas edition

I've wanted one of these for years, particularly in the Red Reign finish. Almost bought the Lambo Blue edition off a buddy in 2019, but cash was super tight then and he sold it to someone else when I couldn't scrape together enough funds.

Then, after seeing DesertDwellers' video, it cemented how much I love this finish.

Since we just sold our townhouse and made a tidy sum on it, we decided to go a little splurge-y on Christmas this year. I get this, a neck pickup for my Franken7 and a bundle of guitar lessons from a local guy who is allegedly a legendary guitar teacher (more on that later).

Got it used for about $500 less than I could get it new, which made me pretty happy. It has like 3 or 4 very, very tiny dings in it that are super hard to see unless you're looking for them. My only quibble is the action is a little higher than I'd like, but it already has a tiny bit of fret buzz, so I'm not sure I'll be able to wrangle the Floyd to a place of lower action, proper intonation and no fret buzz.

Otherwise, I absolutely love it. Can't wait to really screw around with the Sustainiac system, too. I know Vince and 7DT will get way more out of their's than I will out of mine, simply because they're both radically better guitar players than I am, but I still love it.

Now all that's left is to wait until December 25th, since I'm not allowed to play it til Christmas morning.

EDIT: Wish I'd thought to add this video from Vince when I first posted, so very appropriate:

Last edited by Iron1; 12-01-2021, 10:09 AM.
    Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Nice! Happy impending NGD!

Comment

Ah yeah, Sustainiac fun!

Comment

Nice. How's the neck? I know Schecter has moved away from the old-style "clubby" necks, but I didn't like the necks on the Sun Valley Shredders I played.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Nice. How's the neck? I know Schecter has moved away from the old-style "clubby" necks, but I didn't like the necks on the Sun Valley Shredders I played.
          I've only played it for like 5 minutes tops - just to make sure it all was in working order - so take this with a grain of salt til I can really dig in. It's not as flat or as fast feeling as my Jackson HT7, but it's nowhere near a baseball bat or anything. Pretty much the same as I'd expect from any 2010s era Schecter or LTD. So far, I didn't like it quite as much as the Jackson, but it seems better than the 15th Anniversary Edition LTD I used to have - particularly the headstock heel, which was more pronounced/conspicuous on the LTD.

Probably doesn't hurt that it's a only a year newer than the first 7 string I ever played and liked, which was a fixed bridge C7 Apocalypse (this one is a 2018 and the C7 I played initially was a 2017).

Comment

That red finish looks pretty nice. HNGD.
            O K T H E N

Comment

Ah he yeah. Now learn one of Vince's songs

Comment

Originally posted by Budda View Post
                Ah he yeah. Now learn one of Vince's songs
                Ha - Vince is so far above my skill level I don't think I'll ever catch up to him. But, it sure is fun watching/listening to him play.

Comment

HNGD!!

Comment

Oh Yeah!!!!

Now go Paul from Guitar World and show us some nice Blues Licks on that Beast!!!

Comment

That thing is sick, Merry Christmas to you!

Comment

Nice score!

I really want to try a sustainer at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by mpexus View Post
                          Oh Yeah!!!!

Now go Paul from Guitar World and show us some nice Blues Licks on that Beast!!!

Nice score, man. Congrats!

Comment

What's the bridge pickup in that? Looks a bit like one of those QTuners, with transparent bobins and semi-exposed windings? Nice score either way!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                              What's the bridge pickup in that? Looks a bit like one of those QTuners, with transparent bobins and semi-exposed windings? Nice score either way!
                              It's a Schecter Apocalypse pickup. Very beefy & brutal. IMO, probably the best house brand pickup out there right now.

Comment

Those inlays are a fantastic Becker/Tufnel/Biggus Dickus mashup! There's gotta be some great metal to be written about Roman legions.

Comment

I love the fret markers!

Comment

Working...
                                  X