PSA: This set rules for guitar polishing/cleaning/buffing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: This set rules for guitar polishing/cleaning/buffing

Was going to post this in the "best/worst" thread but it was so cheap and good I thought it deserved its own thread. Found these looking for miniature buffing attachments for drill/dremel that can fit in the nooks and crannies of guitars. Normally I'm mostly only concerned about fretboards in terms of cleaning and hydrating, but due to a long term move I prepped all my guitars fully.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G1CYQJS...roduct_details

Cheap enough that you can just throw them away when they get all gunked up. Cleaning buffing wheels sucks and requires specialized "cleaning rake" equipment. Even with that they can never be restored to minty fresh. Depending on what they are gunked up with, it's also difficult to get many back to ~90% even with a cleaning rake. Smaller sizes are also difficult to find. There are small enough to get in cutaways.

Ideally paired with the Dunlop (allegedly) "proprietary" carnauba formula, but a lot of waxes and shit like that works, the Dunlop carnauba stuff is the best in my book, but it's also not cheap.

The rotary brushes seem like a freebie throw in on an already cheap set, but they actually rule for cleaning bridges. The set is cheap enough that after I am done using a wheel for a guitar I'll use it for something like guitar cases or pedalboards or something not guitar related.

Only downside is due to how some of the attachments are constructed you can't spin them clockwise and counterclockwise. But that's a pretty small downside for something so cheap.
Working...
X