New guitar day... And a FANTASTIC story!!! Please read :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guitar day... And a FANTASTIC story!!! Please read :D

My first guitar at about 14 years old, was a white Epiphone Les Paul Special II. I used it for many many years and had NO ambitions to buy another guitar. It wasn't even on the map!!!

The picture below is from my first punk band Anal Mat, who just INVADED a festival stage without permission, while stage workers and the next band wondered "what the fuck is going on" and we just played on until they cut power or whatever.

Click image for larger version  Name:	253748738_984002022180345_5525446469402613207_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=jazGyIfQlrQAX8MixXu&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=d1d2871b80d776857f6b2fdf3006c117&oe=61AE9751.jpg Views:	5 Size:	27.9 KB ID:	31818
    Because I HAD a guitar. Why would I need another one? I had no idea about "other guitars". I had this one. It did everything I needed

Anyway, fast forward to about 2010 or so.

I'm on a 2-gig mini-tour in Germany with my old punk band Raw Hate. Of course everyone is drunk, high, and fight with each other (I had a literal fight with the other guitarist after the first gig because we thought each other was awful, and probably 100% true from both sides )

After 2nd gig I wake up behind the bar desk in the empty venue and notice that everyone is gone, and yeah, I'm left behind in Germany, the others catched the flight hours before Also, I had ZERO voice, I couldn't speak, so I had to communicate with others by writing on papers to show what I wanted to say I dont think my vocal chords liked my roaring

THIS VIDEO IS NOT FROM THAT TOUR BUT ITS THAT BAND:

So I was stuck in Germany at a drummers house I knew for 2 weeks
    He bought me a new ticket (that I would pay when I get home) and he wakes me up, wearing my ( ) gigbag and say "HURRY UP LETS GO TO TRAINSTATION!!"

So I follow and then ON THE TRAIN I realize fuuck he never gave me the ticket. he forgot to give, I forgot to ask for it.

But maybe he put it in the GIGBAG?

Nope. HE HAD WRONG GIGBAG!!!

In the gigbag was a BLACK Epiphone Les Paul.

So now I'm in Bremen with wrong guitar, no flight ticket, and nowhere to go. So I just stroll around the entire night (I love walking so its cool ) until morning and I get to an internet cafe, mail my dad "eeeh can you buy me a new ticket xD " and he does. So I finally get home.

FAST FORWARD A YEAR OR SO!

I'm on another Germany tour, and bring back the Black Les Paul to Germany, but my own white Special 2 guitar is gone.

FAST FORWARD A FEW YEARS!
    Now its maybe 2017 or so... And a punkband from Stockholm is going to record in my studio.
    Funny enough, their guitarist lvies in Berlin and comes to Sweden, saying he FOUND MY GUITAR!!!
    I asked him "is it a Epiphone Les Paul?!?!?" and he says "YES!"

And..... They arive... AND ITS THE SAME WRONG FUCKING BLACK LES PAUL!!!!

FAST FORWARD TO THIS WEEK!!!

I ask online if somebody has a cheapo white guitar to sell, a local guy says he has one, and its
    THE SAME MODEL!!!

So I buy it immideitally, and its actually a NICE GUITAR!
    Plays great, sounds great, tuning stablity... Eh, not Evertune-stable, but workable! Imagine a EVERTUNE in this guitar

Click image for larger version

Name:	254292401_983992885514592_8837001981576448626_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=qyp1Gs_y-n4AX-SwqDN&tn=htYgmx20jH9QD_Px&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=b6a12a308bcb6d39eea1d6921592940a&oe=61AADBF0.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	31820
    Last edited by Blazon_Stone; 11-07-2021, 01:30 AM.

That was a ride.

Comment

Thats very cool to find one just like your first one. I'm on the lookout for my first nice guitar, my very first on I have but it was a 60s semi hollow, my first new guitar is the one I wore the frets flat on, a Ibanez RS240... this was before they even made RGs. I see similar ones but they usually have slightly different specs. Congrats on finding a good replacement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rs240.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	31825
      "Slow Hand"

Comment

And here's the original guitar in action!
        Also me at about 15 years age.
        Playing a swedish version of Maidens "Run To The Hills" called "Runka To The Hills" which is basically "Wank To The Hills"

And setting up a gig at a train station with battery amp

I did this a few times, getting people out and making "gigs" like this... I was a very creative person I guess couldn't get any gigs at normal venues anyway, so what else to do!!!

Comment

Your vibrato is awesome.

Comment

THANKS!!! I need to use it more (in other words, "shred less" becauase my STRONG POINT is the vibrato, not my half-decent shreding haha)

Comment

That waking up behind the bar bit is a great story!

Glad you got another white LPS. That's a good guitar for a punk band--you can bash the hell out of it and not worry.

Comment

It's a very good playing/sounding guitar, I will keep it in good condition and care for it!

Now let's see how well the neck holds up with different seasons/temperatures, if it's a "constant adjuster" I might just keep it as it is...
                If the neck is stable... I might (!) consider installing an Evertune bridge on it, just to put a fingernail in guitar snobs eyes

A good guitar doesn't have a price. This is a GOOD guitar, despite being a "Guitar Start Kit" instrument.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazon_Stone View Post
                  The picture below is from my first punk band Anal Mat, who just INVADED a festival stage without permission, while stage workers and the next band wondered "what the fuck is going on" and we just played on until they cut power or whatever.
                  That's the most metal thing you've ever told us, and you did it with a punk band no less.

Nice guitar - glad it scratches that sentimental itch! Congrats!

Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

After 2nd gig I wake up behind the bar desk in the empty venue and notice that everyone is gone, and yeah, I'm left behind in Germany, the others catched the flight hours before

I was never into the Punk Scene or even really got it, but those two actions are probably the MOST REAL PUNK stuff I have read

Comment

Yes

I don't get how you associate "invading a stage without permission" with metal bands

Getting on stage without permission, playing on a parking lot outside the venue when my band wasn't allowed to perform for real, several "train station gigs" and whatever else I could come up with at the time. I had no idea how to "book shows" so I did it all myself that way

I still have that spirit even tho I have grown up from the chaos and disorder mindset, who would have thought

But the basics of DIY is always awesome.

For example, I'm a music producer, recording bands today, just yesterday I had a meeting with a band about an upcoming album recording and I told them that I ENCOURAGE bands to learn how to record guitars (DI tracks) and vocals at home, they have skills, so they just have to figure out the technology.
                      That will save them money down the road, and save me time down the road. Of course I'm still responsible and telling them if the recordings aren't good enough, and I DO attend recording sessions, but a lot of it, can be done by themselves.

Also, right now I'm building my own guitars .... because cheaper than buying new

Comment

Yes

I don't get how you associate "invading a stage without permission" with metal bands
                        Probably because my first band did the very same thing at the Safari Club in DC. And, funniest part about that "gig" was I had a mic stand with the big metal disc on the bottom and I was pounding it on the stage to the beat of the song and ended up embedding it a few inches in the stage. We got run off when the club owner realized we weren't supposed to be playing and we hightailed it with the mic stand sticking out of the stage at a 45* angle.

Comment

Not saying it never happened, it's just metal is USUALLY more "proper" and "structured" and "established"
                          While punk is more like... puke, piss, homebrew moonshine and sniffing glue

Comment

Not saying it never happened, it's just metal is USUALLY more "proper" and "structured" and "established"
                            You obviously weren't metal in the 80s.

Comment

You were never in a thrash band in the '80s, then - although replace "sniffing glue" with "cheap Meth".

In the '90s I superglued my guitar to a case right before we went on at a festival.

Comment

Very cool story! Congrats! Nice collection of white guitars, too.

Comment

that story is the most punk shit i could possibly imagine.

Comment

Used it for recording first time now!
                                    Solo starts at exactly 3:00

Guitar has trouble staying in tune but its still fun to play
                                    I love how the pickups sound especially neck pickup (not used in the video tho)

Comment

Good stuff, Ced!

Comment

Cool story, definitely its a experience.

Comment

That solo did sound great. Lotta bite. I really only had eyes for the keytar, though...

Comment

Great job as usual dude. I honestly thought that was a Nightwish original song.

Comment

Garys version rules tho

There's also several versions with different solos, haha, I think it depends on if its the album ,single or video version or something.

My solo is based (but modified) on this:

Comment

Working...
                                              X