Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying V tremolo prospect

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Flying V tremolo prospect

    https://store.duesenberg.de/en/tremo...s-trem-ii?c=61

    I've never heard of this company but apparently they make expensive guitars and a stoptail tremolo option that I'm looking at for my flying V. Whaddayall reckon?
    Its a gothic flying V so not exactly a classic, nothing sacred, but does this sort of thing affect the neck and wear out the nut? Or would it be fine and enable me to play the solo for limelight by Rush?

    #2
    Never tried one but interested if anyone has!

    Comment


      #3
      I’ve read good things about the Les Trem II, and if I had a stop bar tailpiece guitar, I’d absolutely put one on. It doesn’t have the range of a Floyd, but is smooth and easier to set up than a Bigsby, with no permanent modification required.

      Rivolta Guitars (Dennis Fano) and Reverend Guitars have both used them on their instruments.

      Comment


        #4
        There's always this .....

        https://floydrose.com/collections/tr.../products/frtx

        Comment


          #5
          Doesn't noodles have an FRX? I remember him saying he liked it.

          Comment


            #6
            Get the FRX. You get a fully functional floyd, with locking nut, and no modifications to the guitar.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Max View Post
              Doesn't noodles have an FRX? I remember him saying he liked it.
              Yup, he has one.

              ...Speaking of the devil, where the hell has he been?

              Comment


                #8
                On his bike, a lot. The weather here is great.

                Also, I've played his FRX, it feels just like a floyd, because it is a floyd!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Seconded on the FRX. Non invasive, fully functioning OFR.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I think I asked about the FRX on MG.org ages ago but anyway the price of an FRX on reverb is astonishing(ly high) goodness gracious, I didn't expect to ever see such a price for a tremolo.
                    The Duesenberg may be inferior in every way, but if it's 1/3 as good then that's proportionate haha

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by playstopause View Post

                      Yup, he has one.

                      ...Speaking of the devil, where the hell has he been?

                      Originally posted by Überschall View Post
                      On his bike, a lot. The weather here is great.

                      Also, I've played his FRX, it feels just like a floyd, because it is a floyd!
                      Didn't he like, get all stung up to fuck and back by a bunch of bees? :oprah:

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by DingusMaximus View Post
                        I think I asked about the FRX on MG.org ages ago but anyway the price of an FRX on reverb is astonishing(ly high) goodness gracious, I didn't expect to ever see such a price for a tremolo.
                        The Duesenberg may be inferior in every way, but if it's 1/3 as good then that's proportionate haha
                        https://www.sweetwater.com/floyd-rose-frx/series

                        so after tax etc $275 to start. Not cheap. But not crazy either tbh.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by DingusMaximus View Post
                          I think I asked about the FRX on MG.org ages ago but anyway the price of an FRX on reverb is astonishing(ly high) goodness gracious, I didn't expect to ever see such a price for a tremolo.
                          The Duesenberg may be inferior in every way, but if it's 1/3 as good then that's proportionate haha
                          My only concern with the Duesenberg is that it's a Bigsby style vibrato which means it likely pretty unstable tuning-wise. You'll also want to pair that with a roller saddle style bridge if you're going to have any stability at all, so expect to spend more than that.

                          If you do have any interest in the FRX, let me know. I deal FR, I can probably get you a discount.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Max View Post

                            https://www.sweetwater.com/floyd-rose-frx/series

                            so after tax etc $275 to start. Not cheap. But not crazy either tbh.
                            Ok that's a relief, so some of the stuff on reverb isn't based in reality, and I can keep my 3½weeks rent

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by playstopause View Post

                              Yup, he has one.

                              ...Speaking of the devil, where the hell has he been?
                              Sssh. If you say his name 3x he appears.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Randy View Post

                                My only concern with the Duesenberg is that it's a Bigsby style vibrato which means it likely pretty unstable tuning-wise. You'll also want to pair that with a roller saddle style bridge if you're going to have any stability at all, so expect to spend more than that.

                                If you do have any interest in the FRX, let me know. I deal FR, I can probably get you a discount.
                                I was a bit curious, it looks nice and some of the internet liked it, but then tuning stability is a pretty nice thing to have as well. Heck if you would be so rad as to send me a price? I'd be indebted

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Max View Post
                                  Doesn't noodles have an FRX? I remember him saying he liked it.
                                  I do and I do. Looks aside, it functions absolutely perfectly, requires mo routing of the body, and feels similar to an OFR with two springs and 8 gauge (lots of flutter). The trem stabilizer (a bolt you screw in by hand from the top) is great if you want to double stops, but it kills the flutter.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    there is always the Bowen Handle...


                                    O K T H E N

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Webdood View Post
                                      there is always the Bowen Handle...

                                      The only handle I recognize is on a Jem.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by noodles View Post

                                        The only handle I recognize is on a Jem.
                                        Or on the side of a bottle of Jack.

                                        Comment


                                          #21

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by noodles View Post

                                            The only handle I recognize is on a Jem.
                                            O K T H E N

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by noodles View Post

                                              I do and I do. Looks aside, it functions absolutely perfectly, requires mo routing of the body, and feels similar to an OFR with two springs and 8 gauge (lots of flutter). The trem stabilizer (a bolt you screw in by hand from the top) is great if you want to double stops, but it kills the flutter.
                                              +1. There's really no reason to use anything else.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Überschall View Post

                                                Or on the side of a bottle of Jack.
                                                That's Marc. But only when we're playing at tattoo shops.

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X