Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - Old skool F edition (is 56k even a thing anymore?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGD - Old skool F edition (is 56k even a thing anymore?)

I actually got this a couple of weeks ago, just hadn't got around to photographing it yet. No unboxing pics because I bought it in person.

Well this is off to a nostalgic start...

Back around 2009 I had one of these Rockbags (in black) that was mostly held together with gaffa/duct tape.

Anything good in here?

Well that's a big fat nope.

Maybe here then?

The heck is this thing?

Wait a minute, this isn't a Schecter!

I'd been after a Strat for a while - partly because I've been winding pickups and wanted something to use as a test bed for single coils, partly because I've been playing a bunch of songs recently that were originally recorded on Strats, and even with coil splits I didn't manage to get the right tone from my Tempests.
    Didn't want to spend the cash on a USA Fender, so I was considering one of the Squier Classic Vibe series. Then this came up for sale locally for the same price as a new Squier, so I picked it up.

It's a 2012 Fender Modern Player Strat. Originally this would have had a HSS setup but at some point it's had the pickups replaced with Seymour Duncans - a rail in the neck (I think it's a Hot Rail) and an Invader bridge. It's also had a set of locking tuners put on it. Finish wise it's in pretty much perfect condition, the only issues are an extra set of holes from the locking tuners. It plays really well too, just needs new strings and some minor fret polishing.

Plan is to replace the pickguard and electronics, and put it to an SSS setup. Just waiting for a few more parts to show up first.

Came for the 56k jokes, stayed for the guitar. Nice one!

Comment

Proper.

Comment

Nice. That's one of the better silverbursts I've seen from that series, too.

Comment

I love that silver burst finish. You have so many options with Strats is hard to beat... congrats !!!
          "Slow Hand"

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Came for the 56k jokes, stayed for the guitar. Nice one!

Comment

Working...
            X