Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wife said I had too many guitars...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Wife said I had too many guitars...

    So I did the right thing and bought another one.

    Another Squier Baritone Cabronita cause one is none and two are one.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210802_180706292.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	21617

    I have this in black and its one of my favorite guitars so when it came out in surf green I had to buy one of these also.

    Still need to set it up as I don't like the the stock 14s at all so will be using the Stringjoys 12s. I have shorter saddle screws for it as well as a Graphtec string tree.

    Have not amped it up yet since I am supposed to be working (HA), but on first glance its just a bit heavier than my super light black one.






    O K T H E N

    #2
    Originally posted by Webdood View Post
    Wife said I had too many guitars...

    So I did the right thing and bought another one.


    Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

    Comment


      #3
      I'm getting a couple telecaster bodies, and one of them shall become a Baritone (likely a Warmoth neck). Tips?

      Comment


        #4
        scale?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Leon View Post
          I'm getting a couple telecaster bodies, and one of them shall become a Baritone (likely a Warmoth neck). Tips?
          What pickups are you going to use? Filtertrons are really popular for these but man those Fender P90-ish pickups are pretty damn awesome. I may get an aftermarket set of pups for one of these to see if I can find something I like better. Noiseless would be nice cause man these things are NOISEY BOYS. The middle position is hum canceling. and my Noise Gate helps a lot but I still get some interference/noise from my computer monitor if I play facing it.

          I prefer 12s (27" scale) as they let you get low but still have really good string tension and I can shred on it For Warmoth necks/scale they are closer to 30" so I would bump up to the 13.5 - 62.


          I like the look of the half tele bridges but with longer scale lengths/lower tuning there may be intonation issues with those.


          O K T H E N

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Briansol View Post
            scale?
            27" They come tuned to B My other one I tune to Drop G.
            O K T H E N

            Comment


              #7
              Good job

              Comment


                #8
                I bet that sounds sick with P90s and Baritone.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Crp1jjeW8AAQzKO.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	21636

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Why the fuck are they stringing a 27 inch scale guitar with 14s?!

                    I wouldn't use 14s on a 24.75 guitar in b

                    Comment


                      #11

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by lespauled View Post
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Crp1jjeW8AAQzKO.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	21636
                        Think how much drama could have been averted had they just named him Bass Solo so no one gave a shit about him and he would have never been heard from again.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Congrats on a new guitar., happy riffing.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Why the fuck are they stringing a 27 inch scale guitar with 14s?!

                            I wouldn't use 14s on a 24.75 guitar in b
                            I use 10's in my 24.75" in Bb

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Webdood View Post

                              What pickups are you going to use? Filtertrons are really popular for these but man those Fender P90-ish pickups are pretty damn awesome. I may get an aftermarket set of pups for one of these to see if I can find something I like better. Noiseless would be nice cause man these things are NOISEY BOYS. The middle position is hum canceling. and my Noise Gate helps a lot but I still get some interference/noise from my computer monitor if I play facing it.

                              I prefer 12s (27" scale) as they let you get low but still have really good string tension and I can shred on it For Warmoth necks/scale they are closer to 30" so I would bump up to the 13.5 - 62.


                              I like the look of the half tele bridges but with longer scale lengths/lower tuning there may be intonation issues with those.

                              I'll have to make sure to get a fully-adjustable bridge, good call!

                              Might start with 11's, see where that takes me!

                              Not sure about pickups yet. Might go with some standard. I'm going for "dark twanger" maybe...

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Leon View Post

                                I use 10's in my 24.75" in Bb
                                that also sounds hideous!

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  That is fucking sick!!!! I need to get my hands on one of these. I didn’t even know these were a thing.
                                  The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                    Why the fuck are they stringing a 27 inch scale guitar with 14s?!

                                    I wouldn't use 14s on a 24.75 guitar in b


                                    lol Iommi used 8s in c.

                                    But yeah i have no clue. That being said it plays pretty good with 14s but it makes you really work for it.
                                    O K T H E N

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by Leon View Post

                                      I'll have to make sure to get a fully-adjustable bridge, good call!

                                      Might start with 11's, see where that takes me!

                                      Not sure about pickups yet. Might go with some standard. I'm going for "dark twanger" maybe...
                                      Yeah regular tele pickups would be great in this.
                                      O K T H E N

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        These are in seafoam now? Nice.

                                        My brother had one of the black ones but ultimately didnt bond with it. He said it was good though.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by Drew View Post

                                          Think how much drama could have been averted had they just named him Bass Solo so no one gave a shit about him and he would have never been heard from again.
                                          That's true. This is the perfect candidate for one of these memes

                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	sky-written-and-directed-by-george-lucas.jfif
Views:	76
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	21658
                                          Click image for larger version  Name:	photo-caption-do-you-know-what-this-is-no-directed-by-george-lucas.jfif Views:	1 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	21657
                                          Attached Files

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by Webdood View Post



                                            lol Iommi used 8s in c.

                                            But yeah i have no clue. That being said it plays pretty good with 14s but it makes you really work for it.
                                            I don't wanna work for it

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by Nick View Post

                                              that also sounds hideous!
                                              It also has SST frets. It's slinky af

                                              But yeah... it takes some getting used to, but my hands are sooooooo much happier.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                This is the way.

                                                Was looking at those 27" teles. Good to hear they're great instruments.

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Very nice. So classy looking. My fiance says the same thing about me...i'm currently at 9 guitars.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X