EART W2 Headless Guitar demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EART W2 Headless Guitar demo

My demo of the EART W2 Headless Guitar featuring excerpts of my track "Today".

Straight out from the box, stock strings, and plastic still on pickups. I just tuned it to drop D. Intonation was fine.

Body: Roasted ASH
    Neck: Roasted maple and African mahogany five-piece neck, upper "C" and the lower "U"
    Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, Compound Radius 9.5-14
    Pickup: Korean zebra pickup
    Bridge: Hard tail
    Scale Length: 648mm
    Switch: 5-ways switch
    Potentiometer: 500K Alpha
    Capacitance: 223J capacitor
    Fret: 24 frets Stainless steel frets,
    Nut: Bone Nut

It's a fun guitar! It's in the budget price range, so there are some visible showings of so. But, it's not so bad.

Gear used:
    Dragonheart Pure pick
    Boss Instrument Cable

Effects:
    Headrush Gigboard (also used as interface)

Left channel is the Choptones Metal Pack Vol. 3
    Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (Modern) with EVH 5150III 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12EVH speakers models

Right channel is the SDNA Knucklehead
    Based on a West Coast made cab loaded with V30s
    At Sonic DNA your tone is our passion.Working musicians should not have to pay a fortune to sound great! Impulse Responses created for amp modelers.

DAW:
    Recorded on Magix Music Maker
    Mix and Master on Samplitude Music Studio
    Wave SSL-E Channel
    Toontracks EZDrummer 2

Camera:
    My Samsung S10e phone

Video Editor:
    Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum

I’ve heard these are quite good, with decent specs, and good fretwork, but mediocre hardware. What are your impressions?

I do have ethical misgivings about a guitar that’s so obviously a .strandberg* ripoff.

Comment

If you name your company .likethis* IMO anyone is allowed to rip you off because that is pretentious and douchey as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        I’ve heard these are quite good, with decent specs, and good fretwork, but mediocre hardware. What are your impressions?

I do have ethical misgivings about a guitar that’s so obviously a .strandberg* ripoff.
        Thanks for your time!

My impressions,,, it is certainly fun to play! It's my first time playing on stainless frets and I am liking ir! I noticed some micro gaps in between some of the frets and board, but not enough to catch strings or for my fingers to feel. However, I am not liking the sharp corners as they dig into my lap. The finish, however, is really nice! Pickups are okay, but doesn't wow me.

Comment

Oh, on Strandberg shape, I think they changed the newer ones. Not so bad for $329. But, I may return this and check out the newer shaped ones.

Not sure how to post pictures from a url or embed youtube videos.

Comment

Working...
          X