No announcement yet.

Gibson Les Paul (or Similar) NGD sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes a lot of sense. I guess I was thinking of Lucas and his 4k guitars who's at the other end of the spectrum when I wrote this.

Comment

** taps head **

Can't devalue those 4k guitars if all you do is take pictures of them and mime songs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post

That will be awesome
        Thinking of swapping the pickups to the Fishman Fluence set. I already own an EC-1000 with the 81/60 combo. Time for different pickups

Comment

Originally posted by General Klinger View Post

Thinking of swapping the pickups to the Fishman Fluence set. I already own an EC-1000 with the 81/60 combo. Time for different pickups
          Dude yeeeeees. I love the Fishman Classic Open Cores I have on my Warmoth, and I'm soon installing my Greg Koch P90's into the Camcaster. I'm thinking about trying out the Townsend set in my Bb tuned guitar, which has Railhammers I really dig, but I want to give them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Budda View Post

I understand it, but it's not a great way to look at gear IMHO. If we all bought based on skill, the market would be way smaller (and marketing would have to work harder) lol. Imposter syndrome plays a part too, i imagine. It's the other players and strangers on the internet that give us these doubts, whereas a mentor or guitar hero would probably say '"if this makes you excited to play, and you have the means, why wouldnt you?"

OP still got a nice guitar that will last a long time, but "im not good enough for x" could have been "i've been playing for y years" and now its ok, if that makes sense? What if he went by how many hours he's put into it?

Buy the thing that helps you have fun while you can. Buy the thing that makes your inner child giddy, that keeps the excitement and passion for playing going. Life is short.

/rant

Really, I want everyone to be more excited to play their gear. Life's tough right now. Shit sucks. Guitar should be fun.
            I've been playing since 2004, but didn't take lessons. Self taught by listening to tracks and playing along. I've always had "an ear" for music

While I have always wanted to own a Gibson LP, I can now be happy with the cheaper LTD Deluxe, and pick up a cheaper LP Studio Winner on both sides. I may not be a pro player, but this will bring me to 9. Turning into a collector.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post

Dude yeeeeees. I love the Fishman Classic Open Cores I have on my Warmoth, and I'm soon installing my Greg Koch P90's into the Camcaster. I'm thinking about trying out the Townsend set in my Bb tuned guitar, which has Railhammers I really dig, but I want to give them a try.
              Looking at the Fishman Fluence Modern (not the Humbucker ones) I like the Black Nickel look, but wondering if the Black plastic cover ones would be closer to the EMG "look"

Comment

The Open Cores (no cover), I think, would look awesome, but might be a bit too busy... the white/creme bobbins may clash a bit with the finish colors.

Comment

I got this Gibson Les Paul Tribute back in January. Its pretty nice, it has a maple neck instead of mahogany, and it has the weight relief. The pickups sound killer, I haven't even adjust the heights they sound killer through my 6505+. . Financed it for 99 a month on zz sounds. Only thing I've done is remove the pickguard, and I rotated the toggle switch so up is bridge, and down is neck, it just is nicer that way for tapping. And I changed the strings to elixir 9-46 and tuned it to Eb.

Body Material: Mahogany
                  - Top Material: Maple
                  - Weight Relief: Ultra-Modern
                  - Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
                  - Neck Material: Maple
                  - Neck Profile: Rounded
                  - Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
                  - Fingerboard Radius: 12" / 304.8mm
                  - Number of Frets: 22
                  - Frets: Low - Cryogenically Treated
                  - Nut Material: Tektoid
                  - Nut Width: 1.69" / 43.05mm
                  - End-of-Board Width: 2.26" / 57.4mm
                  - Inlays: Trapezoid
                  - Hardware Finish: Nickel
                  - Bridge: Aluminum Nashville Tune-O-Matic
                  - Tailpiece: Aluminum Stopbar
                  - Tuners: Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone Buttons
                  - Pick Guard: Cream
                  - Control Knobs: Gold Top Hats
                  - Switch Tip: Cream
                  - Switch Washer: Cream (Not Mounted)
                  - Jack Plate: Cream
                  - Neck Pickup: 490R
                  - Bridge Pickup: 490T

Click image for larger version  Name:	lp no pick guard.jpg Views:	9 Size:	303.7 KB ID:	20230
                  Last edited by Dbwells; 07-20-2021, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I tried one of these yesterday, and came away really impressed. Great feel, everything you need, nothing you don’t.

On the one I played, you could really feel the seam between the neck and the fretboard, which was odd, but I liked everything else about it.

Comment

Do all tributes have maple necks?

Comment

Do all tributes have maple necks?
                        Yes all the Tributes do not sure about the older models, but current year and 2020 models do. If mahogany is what your looking for the les paul studio can be had for a couple bills more.

https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAYNB...tudio/Wine-Red

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                          I tried one of these yesterday, and came away really impressed. Great feel, everything you need, nothing you don’t.

On the one I played, you could really feel the seam between the neck and the fretboard, which was odd, but I liked everything else about it.
                          Unfortunate about the seem. I ordered mine without trying it as I bought it online, cant find a flaw with it except whoever strung it at gibson did a horrible job with the string windings, barely two wraps around the pegs, which to me wasn't a big deal since I was going to put a set of elixers on it anyways.

It did come with the smallest child size strap, a screw driver, an actual photo of it on the build bench and some other case candy. The soft case it came with is super nice. Id almost just call it a case not a soft case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lp2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	363.0 KB
ID:	20542

Comment

Originally posted by Dbwells View Post

Yes all the Tributes do not sure about the older models, but current year and 2020 models do. If mahogany is what your looking for the les paul studio can be had for a couple bills more.

https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAYNB...tudio/Wine-Red
                            Im about the maple.

Comment

Im about the maple.
                              Me too. maple 4 life! Here's the link to the gibson listing.

https://www.gibson.com/Guitar/USAANM...Satin-Iced-Tea

Comment

Picture of the neck and back

Name:	20210722_193059.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	20548

Comment

I would be posting photos of my guitar (in my own thread) but FedEx failed and won't deliver till tomorrow. In the meantime, I leave you with these candid shots. Click image for larger version

Name:	IW20122466-angle-xlarge.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	20559

Name:	IW20122466-detail1-xlarge.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	20560
                                  Attached Files

Comment

An extra day for you to brush up on Holy Wars for it's debut!

Comment

ps: Love that nice dark fretboard.

Comment

Originally posted by General Klinger View Post
                                        I gave up on the Gibson,
                                        I am sorry for your loss.

BTW that ESP is super pretty. Great choice, and those are elite rock and metal machines.

Comment

Working...
                                        X