Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Avatar Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Avatar Thread

    This band completely fuckin' rips. Such a unique sound.




    #2
    That Wacken performance is so good.

    Comment


      #3
      I'd totally buy this signature model in a heartbeat, too.

      Comment


        #4
        Also, while this probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, this is some seriously creative songwriting.



        Comment


          #5
          Chris Absofuckinglutely! I've gone as far as track down the model those are before the artwork was added but I think it was a Europe only model?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Chris View Post
            Also, while this probably isn't everyone's cup of tea, this is some seriously creative songwriting.


            I love how they work with each other to make these killer guitar parts.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by DonBot View Post
              Chris Absofuckinglutely! I've gone as far as track down the model those are before the artwork was added but I think it was a Europe only model?
              I was just shopping for one earlier.

              They have an RGD that's pretty sweet too, 26.5".

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by DonBot View Post

                I love how they work with each other to make these killer guitar parts.
                Them talking to each other is going to be like how you and I are the only ones in this thread.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Did you see the live show they did a few months back? IT RULED SO HARD. I'll find a video.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    This is just stupid good. I don't remember the singer's name off hand, but that guy is an amazing frontman.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Chris View Post

                      Them talking to each other is going to be like how you and I are the only ones in this thread.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I really like their dual guitar harmonies, too. It brings to mind more Queensryche than Iron Maiden.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The entire Avatar album rules!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            ^ Other than Oliva's shitass vocals I agree.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Didn't we do this already? I actually do dig the new bands stuff, especially Colossus

                              Comment


                                #16
                                How have I never heard of these guys before?

                                That main riff in Vultures Fly sounds like one of those parts you write and then can't stop playing it cause it's just so cool.

                                And is the singer the modern Marilyn Manson w/o all the stupidity?
                                Last edited by Iron1; 03-19-2021, 10:11 AM.
                                Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  I need to listen to more Avatar, everything I've heard of them rules

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    I’m taking full credit for introducing MGO to these guys!

                                    The new album is pretty fucking great as well, especially the closing song, “Wormhole”.....the fucking riffs in this song with the whammy drops...oh my god I love it! Corey Taylor actually ‘wrote’ the chorus for that song because they were stuck on it and asked him when he visited the studio to just listen and give his thoughts. He sent the producer a voicemail where he was describing the chords underneath and was singing a melody that’d go over the top, which became the chorus.

                                    “Gun” is another one on there that hit me pretty hard while some things weren’t so good in 2020. First time I heard that I almost had to pull over because I was crying like a little bitch, practically sobbing.

                                    I wish these guys all the success in the world. They tour HARD when they tour and really put a lot of work into the band. They can do goofy just as well as they can do serious rippers and it’s pretty rare you can find that in a band. That whole concept album they did previously was all came from a joke as the guitarists changed his name on facebook to say “The King”, just to kind of troll his friends a bit. It turned into a huge concept album and was 100% a joke.

                                    Originally posted by Iron1 View Post
                                    How have I never heard of these guys before?

                                    That main riff in Vultures Fly sounds like one of those parts you write and then can't stop playing it cause it's just so cool.

                                    And is the singer the modern Marilyn Manson w/o all the stupidity?
                                    Except he takes his job seriously and won’t go up onstage stumbling drunk for an entire tour. Dude busts his ass as a vocalist and has improved his game from album to album.
                                     

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Well I've been on mm.org literally 2 days and now my Youtube feed is full of King Diamond and Avatar vids...I'm definitely not mad.

                                      These effen riffs!

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by pjr View Post
                                        Well I've been on mm.org literally 2 days and now my Youtube feed is full of King Diamond and Avatar vids...I'm definitely not mad.

                                        These effen riffs!
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	27
Size:	722.4 KB
ID:	7307

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          This.



                                          I love how much extra mile showmanship these guys put in.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X