Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost In Vegas: Black Water Park

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lost In Vegas: Black Water Park

    Stumbled onto this after the Holy Wars one, and man it's SO MUCH FUN to watch these guys get blown away by what, IMO, is the greatest death metal song ever written.


    Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

  • #2
    These guys are always entertaining, and Blackwater Park is insanely good

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Iron1
      Stumbled onto this after the Holy Wars one, and man it's SO MUCH FUN to watch these guys get blown away by what, IMO, is the greatest death metal song ever written.


      I don't know which is the best riff I've heard, the first main riff to this tune, or the second.

      These reaction videos are pretty dumb, but I'm watching this anyway simply because its a great excuse to listen to this tune.

      Comment


      • #4
        I usually can't stand reaction vids, however - the Lost In Vegas dudes manage to make it super enjoyable.

        Comment


        • #5
          Blackwater Park isn't even the second best Opeth album though.

          Ghost Reveries and Still Life are both way better. Ghost Reveries is by far the best.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Greg McCoy
            Blackwater Park isn't even the second best Opeth album though.

            Ghost Reveries and Still Life are both way better. Ghost Reveries is by far the best.
            Ghost Reveries is the album that got me into them so it's by far my favorite, but I disagree about Still Life being better than BP, even though it is great. Benighted was the first Opeth song I ever learned.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by petereanima
              I usually can't stand reaction vids, however - the Lost In Vegas dudes manage to make it super enjoyable.
              Yeah, I eventually shut it off and pulled the album itself up, but their genuine enthusiasm for this tune comes across really well, which was cool to see.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Greg McCoy
                Ghost Reveries is by far the best.
                Without a doubt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by petereanima
                  I usually can't stand reaction vids, however - the Lost In Vegas dudes manage to make it super enjoyable.
                  This. I like these guys a bunch, they're very genuine.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What Chris said. It’s great how, without knowing a lot about metal music and bands, they make very insightful comments that show that they “get it,” why a certain song is epic or the reason a particular band stands out. It’s great to see people from outside the genre get tuned in to metal music. Some of the songs they have covered I have played for hard rock or alternative “fans” and they’ve been “meh” about it. These guys are like “that shit’s fire, dawg!” and get it on the first listen.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by d8200
                      What Chris said. It’s great how, without knowing a lot about metal music and bands, they make very insightful comments that show that they “get it,” why a certain song is epic or the reason a particular band stands out. It’s great to see people from outside the genre get tuned in to metal music. Some of the songs they have covered I have played for hard rock or alternative “fans” and they’ve been “meh” about it. These guys are like “that shit’s fire, dawg!” and get it on the first listen.
                      Exactly. I'm not a reaction vid fan at all, but these guys make it fun. Gives me the same feeling I used to get when I would turn my friends onto new metal when it came out back in the day.
                      Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Iron1

                        Exactly. I'm not a reaction vid fan at all, but these guys make it fun. Gives me the same feeling I used to get when I would turn my friends onto new metal when it came out back in the day.
                        Right? This video reminded me of the first time I heard Type O Negative. I'd never heard anything like it and was just like "holy fuck, what is this?!".

                        I was also in the perfect situation for it, I was baked in the back of a buddy's Camaro with the stereo cranked to a million.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X
                        🤢
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎