X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post

There’s moments on St. Anger I dig...
    We can't be friends anymore...

Unless you thought St. Anger was a new Muppets release with Animal on, well, everything...

Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Originally posted by Iron1 View Post

We can't be friends anymore...

Unless you thought St. Anger was a new Muppets release with Animal on, well, everything...
      Lol

Comment

I probably haven't listened to Stanger since it came out, but I do remember there being some cool riffs and ideas here and there. They're just buried under the terrible production, shit vocal performance, and the fact that nobody told them to whittle the songs down from 9 minutes long to something manageable.

Comment

I like ABBA….always have.

Comment

Full metalhead style is embarrassing on anyone over 45.

Comment

Whew I still got like ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonplayer View Post
                Full metalhead style is embarrassing on anyone over 45.
                Embracing any fashion trend is embarrassing on anyone over 45.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Embracing any fashion trend is embarrassing on anyone over 45.
                  I've firmly embraced the fashion trend of the epic pandemic beard. Mostly because I'm fucking lazy.

Comment

Same but pandemic hair. Not having to spend $30 on a haircut every 3-4 weeks is awesome.

Comment

Full metalhead style is embarrassing on anyone.
                      Fixed with the caveat that it may depend on exactly what you mean by "full".

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Fixed with the caveat that it may depend on exactly what you mean by "full".
                        Good point, I'm thinking power metal regalia, not so much basic jeans/black shirt/leather jacket.

As for pandemic hair, I've even still got that along with the hobo beard and I'm already going back into the office part-time. People at my level in the company are supposed to be "building their personal brand"--well, my brand has turned into "Jerry Garcia but grouchy." My business attire is now "I dress up by wearing a t-shirt without a logo." Amazingly, I seem to be doing better than I was before! Guess that brand-building works, after all.

Comment

Queen sucks, GnR sucks donkey dicks & Blackmore's the best guitarist ever.

Comment

Good point, I'm thinking power metal regalia, not so much basic jeans/black shirt/leather jacket.

As for pandemic hair, I've even still got that along with the hobo beard and I'm already going back into the office part-time. People at my level in the company are supposed to be "building their personal brand"--well, my brand has turned into "Jerry Garcia but grouchy." My business attire is now "I dress up by wearing a t-shirt without a logo." Amazingly, I seem to be doing better than I was before! Guess that brand-building works, after all.
                            I think thats been the thing to do, I've got long hair again and people convinced me to grow my beard. I'm going "all in" and how gonna cut either until it just gets freaky long... why not.
                            "Slow Hand"

Comment

Originally posted by Stitsel View Post
                              Queen sucks, GnR sucks donkey dicks & Blackmore's the best guitarist ever.
                              You were going great for being unpopular until that last one...

Comment

Slash is a hack / medicore guitarist at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Briansol View Post
                                  I thought this was supposed to be UNpopular opinions.

Comment

He literally has two good solos--Sweet Child o' Mine and the ride out of November Rain--and everything else is just boring pentatonic wanking.

Comment

Originally posted by noodles View Post
                                      boring pentatonic wanking.
                                      To be fair this is every legendary blues guitarist ever.

Comment

He's one of those rare cases where the guitarists's persona was a big part of the band's success. GNR still sells a ton of albums without him, but everyone knows who he is and his playing/image is definitely part of the reason that they were so successful. He's also one of the rare guitarists that you can usually pick out of a crowd after a few notes - I'd recognize his squawk-y tone and picking style anywhere.

He's on a lot of really shit recordings post-GNR but calling him a hack is a bit of a stretch. Izzy may have been the songwriting force but there's a reason nobody cares about him otherwise and most people have no idea who he is.

Comment

He's one of those rare cases where the guitarists's persona was a big part of the band's success. GNR still sells a ton of albums without him, but everyone knows who he is and his playing/image is definitely part of the reason that they were so successful. He's also one of the rare guitarists that you can usually pick out of a crowd after a few notes - I'd recognize his squawk-y tone and picking style anywhere.

He's on a lot of really shit recordings post-GNR but calling him a hack is a bit of a stretch. Izzy may have been the songwriting force but there's a reason nobody cares about him otherwise and most people have no idea who he is.
                                          The dude gets some of the best guitar tone I've ever heard. His playing bores the shit out of me a lot of the time, but his tone always rules. Plus, he has an image that oozes rock n' roll. He's Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Joe Perry cool.

Comment

The dude gets some of the best guitar tone I've ever heard. His playing bores the shit out of me a lot of the time, but his tone always rules. Plus, he has an image that oozes rock n' roll. He's Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Joe Perry cool.
                                            So much this.

Comment

Dio's vibrato is annoyingly horrible.

(pretty sure this comment is how i ended up with this avatar)

Comment

Dio's vibrato is annoyingly horrible.

(pretty sure this comment is how i ended up with this avatar)
                                                I respect Dio's legacy but he has like 3 songs I like and 90 forgettable cheeseball disposable ones. Dude ruined Black Sabbath.

Comment

I don't put Keith Richards in the company of those other two when it comes to making guitar look cool. Perry and Page ooze sex appeal, and the image that "If you play guitar like me, you will get chicks like I do".

Even as a young guy, Richards had big Get In My Van I Have Free Candy energy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PeterWebb-1.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	29645

Comment

I don't put Keith Richards in the company of those other two when it comes to making guitar look cool. Perry and Page ooze sex appeal, and the image that "If you play guitar like me, you will get chicks like I do".

Even as a young guy, Richards had big Get In My Van I Have Free Candy energy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PeterWebb-1.jpg Views:	34 Size:	152.2 KB ID:	29645
                                                    Johnny Depp based his acting the part of Captain Jack Sparrow off his recollections of hanging out with Keith Richards, in what was originally written as a fairly boring, conventional, normal pirate role, in a movie written to capitalize on a Disney theme park ride, which all in by rights means it should have been a total flop even WITH Kiera Knightley's cheekbones on prominent display. I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X