Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Amorphis

I like it.

I'm a simple man. I see Amorphis and songs with moon in the title, and I click the like button.

Comment

This big sort of symphonic metal thing isn't in my headspace right now, but I dug that. Lot of great ideas going on, and it's not overdone.

Comment

Yet another epic as fuck Amorphis album on the way

Awesome track.
        Leon Today at 7:59 PM: Ripping farts is heaven

Comment

Great band for sure but some friends of mine totally burnt me out on this band. That and this type of sound just isnt my thing these days.

Comment

Just caught this on Apple's best new metal tracklist or whatever it's called. Great track.

Comment

Originally posted by wombcannon View Post
              Great band for sure but some friends of mine totally burnt me out on this band. That and this type of sound just isnt my thing these days.
              It's funny, I generally hate the europop melodeath stuff, but for whatever reason Amorphis works for me.

Comment

New single sounds good also.

Comment

Originally posted by KariHv View Post
                  New single sounds good also.

I LOVE the chorus and the outro. The rest of the song is not my cup of tea. Still, so good to see these guys still going at it 30 some years on.

Comment

Love Amorphis, and they always sound good, but they have sounded the same since Eclipse, and Eclipse and Skyforger can't really be topped. I'll still gladly to them, but it's all sort of samey.

Also, I will always maintain that the Pasi vocal era is way underrated. Tomi is a better vocalist, and Pasi can be unpleasantly nasal, but those are great albums. I like the less polished "rock-ier" sound of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg McCoy View Post
                      Love Amorphis, and they always sound good, but they have sounded the same since Eclipse, and Eclipse and Skyforger can't really be topped. I'll still gladly to them, but it's all sort of samey.

Also, I will always maintain that the Pasi vocal era is way underrated. Tomi is a better vocalist, and Pasi can be unpleasantly nasal, but those are great albums. I like the less polished "rock-ier" sound of them.
                      Stop hipstering the Amorphis thread.

Comment

I agree with this 100%. Everything from the 90s acoustic EP to now has been great.

Comment

The Magic and Mayhem album is pretty cool if you like the old tunes, but hate the old singer. They have sort of re-recorded a "greatest hits" album from the early days with Tomi on vocals.

Comment

Couldn't possibly disagree more in any possible alternate universe. The Pasi vocal era is WAY OVERRATED. I love everything Amorphis has ever released, but the Pasi albums are my least favorites. I prefer the early period with just Tomi Koivusaari on vocals over the Pasi period, though nothing even comes remotely close to the glory of the "current era" that began with Eclipse. Every single album since then has been an utter masterpiece. Was just listening to Silent Waters earlier today.

Amorphis is one of the few bands where I own every single album. They're just that great.

Eclipse is way up there, but I think I prefer The Beginning of Times to Skyforger, though Skyforger is an amazing album too.

Comment

To make a comparison to another Finnish staple, current era Amorphis is like Fazer Blue chocolate; you have a few slightly different varieties of the same fundamental thing, of which everyone will have their own favourite, but you’ll never tire of it, and always come back for more.

Comment

Amorphis is like Fazer Blue chocolate
                                I mean, you are not wrong and now i want chocolate.

Comment

New amorphis i enjoy, but never really am wow about. This has always been the album (yeah i know, sad old fuck posts old badly produced song, but i loved this as a kid)

Comment

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
                                    New amorphis i enjoy, but never really am wow about. This has always been the album (yeah i know, sad old fuck posts old badly produced song, but i loved this as a kid)
                                    Absolute classic. This is still played every time we have one of our "sad old fucks" grill&drink parties.

Comment

I picked this album up a few weeks ago and it's just a masterpiece.

Awesome songs like this:

Whoa.

I had no idea this was a Japan bonus track until this very moment because it doesn't actually say "Japan Bonus Track" on the album. It kind of blows my mind that the best track on the entire album is a bonus track just for Japan. Though, to be honest, this isn't the first time. There were times where my favorite Scar Symmetry track turned out to be a Japan bonus track (and in that case too, it didn't say on the album that it was the Japan bonus track and it blew my mind to imagine a version of the album without that song on it).

Another good one:

Comment

Working...
                                      X