Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#NotTheOnion: Man Famous for dressing in drag unaware of the definition of irony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#NotTheOnion: Man Famous for dressing in drag unaware of the definition of irony

This is possibly one of the greatest headlines I have ever read.

https://bravewords.com/news/dee-snid...d-men-were-men

I love 80s metal and Twisted Sister is cool, I agree with the general sentiment, but Dee Snider probably should have let someone else convey it.

Right. Like the guys from Manowar.

Comment

I'm not a Twisted Sister fan by any means, although I did gain a greater respect for them after watching the Netflix documentary and seeing how they and other bar bands had to slog it out back in the day. That being said, Dee is a much more intelligent human than his frontman persona indicates. As he was one of the guys who pioneered the "spandex and makeup" era of rock, a part of me thinks that he's doing some tongue-in-cheek trolling with this quote.

Comment

^ All of that. Snyder is awesome, even if he says dumb tongue-in-cheek shit once in a while.

Comment

yeah taken out-of-context that quote is a bit worrying, but in context, it's a bit rose-colored but i generally agree with him.

Comment

Twisted Sister rules, and barring the Trump apologism (although he eventually came around) Dee Snider is cool.

Their best songs aren't the ones that have the most recognition though. Albeit Love is for Suckers is a cover, but one of the best covers out there.

Anybody who ranks a song other than Destroyer as the greatest Twisted Sister song is objectively wrong. Some great covers of it out there too. The Anthrax one is more widely known, but this is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              ^ All of that. Snyder is awesome, even if he says dumb tongue-in-cheek shit once in a while.
              Thread is now about how Twisted Sister got done dirty on Hear 'N" Aid. Poor Eddie Ojeda. Dude somehow ended up with the worst solo break on there.

Comment

They worked really fucking hard to get to where they are, I'll give them that. One of my shitty bands played Wednesdays in the same dive type bars they played Saturdays in, the kind with with catfood can ash trays on crappy plastic cafeteria tables, etc. I have to say I'm still surprised that they made it as big as they did when they were often up against Zebra, which I thought was a much better band. But that's what relentless hard work gets 'ya.

Comment

I saw them live ~10 years ago, they came out in all the makeup and everything. 10/10 show, decent sized place. Was fucking awesome. Twisted Sister rules.

I enjoyed his solo albums too. (This was before the MAGA morons hijacked any and all pro-military imagery.) Al Pitrelli always sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by d8200 View Post
                    I'm not a Twisted Sister fan by any means, although I did gain a greater respect for them after watching the Netflix documentary and seeing how they and other bar bands had to slog it out back in the day. That being said, Dee is a much more intelligent human than his frontman persona indicates. As he was one of the guys who pioneered the "spandex and makeup" era of rock, a part of me thinks that he's doing some tongue-in-cheek trolling with this quote.
                    Yeah, I kinda wonder this too - it does seem out of character, from a guy who's always come across as unexpectedly articulate in interviews.

Comment

^There's two modes when it comes to Dee Sniders. "Articulate testifying in front of congress" Dee Snider...

...and "That doesn't even sound kind of right" Dee Snider. https://www.metalsucks.net/2018/08/0...ws-of-physics/

I like Dee Snider and he actually does have a really good unique voice. But he is capable of giving some absolutely bananas answers to interview questions.

Comment

Nonetheless, he is only known person in history to testify in congress in the correct attire, a sleeveless shirt, so he deserves respect.

Comment

Working...
                        X