Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Finding an album you haven't listened to in forever and remembering it rules" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Finding an album you haven't listened to in forever and remembering it rules" thread

Go.

[QUOTE=Greg McCoy;n34052]Go.

I love the whole vibe of this band. It's like rock, but it's metal, and there is a dude with an owl, and it's sung in Norweigan.

Comment

[QUOTE=man jerk;n34053]
      Originally posted by Greg McCoy View Post
      Go.

I love the whole vibe of this band. It's like rock, but it's metal, and there is a dude with an owl, and it's sung in Norweigan.

That record was huge when it came out, it's only in the "forgot how hard it ruled" category because they never recaptured the magic.

Or maybe they did, I dunno, haven't checked out the latest. The follow up to the debut sucked though.

The first Kvelertak is such a fucking sick album though.

Comment

Yeah, I liked their most recent album okay, but nothing has recaptured the energy of that first one. I said it at the time, but it sounds like the house band from Roadhouse, if Roadhouse was a punk/metal bar instead of a honky tonk joint. Just absolutely beer-soaked rock n roll.

Anyway, I revisited this recently and yup, it still fucks. Maybe one of my favorite recorded guitar tones. Just gnarly as hell but still clear and crunchy. Also the instrumental that closes out the album sounds like Metallica doing Orion part 2 with HM2s.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk Krogan View Post
          Yeah, I liked their most recent album okay, but nothing has recaptured the energy of that first one. I said it at the time, but it sounds like the house band from Roadhouse, if Roadhouse was a punk/metal bar instead of a honky tonk joint. Just absolutely beer-soaked rock n roll.

Anyway, I revisited this recently and yup, it still fucks. Maybe one of my favorite recorded guitar tones. Just gnarly as hell but still clear and crunchy. Also the instrumental that closes out the album sounds like Metallica doing Orion part 2 with HM2s.

Dang, this is killer. Thanks for posting this one.

Comment

Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

I saw the thread title and my brain went "the discography of a wilhelm scream"

Comment

This one... in fact I'm going to put it on repeat for today while at work

Fuck me.. Ides of March is still the BEST ever Intro song known to Mankind!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mpexus View Post

Fuck me.. Ides of March is still the BEST ever Intro song known to Mankind!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

These albums remind me of Christmas for some reason

I must have binged them one Christmas or something, because there isn't much merryment on there

Comment

Comment

Join us now in vengeance and let the bodies rot...

Crazy how utterly complete this record was for it's time, and how insanely under appreciated it was.

Comment

I bought "Subsume" by Cloudkicker on my laptop, and somehow not all the files ported over when I got the desktop machine.

Tonight I finally re-downloaded the full album (currently have the last 2 tracks on my phone) and I'm a happy camper. I wish I wrote this damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                                  X