• Time
  • Show
Clear All

An actual description of 72 hours in hell

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rm/8797270002/

"...so anyways..."

Comment

Comment

Apparently they're still in there. It's the highest pub in the UK, and this happens a lot.

Comment

Yup, I'm from the nearest big town (though I've never been to the pub, I've been all over them there hills). In other news, bear shits in woods, Pope Catholic.

Comment

I think this story sounds awesome. I mean, the band couldn't have played the WHOLE time, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
              I think this story sounds awesome. I mean, the band couldn't have played the WHOLE time, you know?
              I hope they only brought their stage clothes with them, and had to remain dressed as oasis the whole time.

Comment

Good thing it was a cover band. If it was actually Oasis trapped together for three days it would turn into a Lord of the Flies style bloodbath.

I only know two things about Oasis.

1) Their music really, really fucking sucks
                2) In spite of how weak and whiny their music sounds, the two brothers are apparently more ornery cunts with penchants for physically assaulting one another than like 99% of metal musicians

Their music is jangly Blur bullshit, but I can respect the fact that they have like, band dynamics you would expect from Glenn Benton.

Like,

"OIIIIIII M8, I WAS JANGLING ON MY RICKENBACKER INTO A VOX A30 AND THE MAD CUNT CAME AT ME WIELDING A CUSTARD KNIFE. SO I TOLD THE MAD CUNT HE WAS A SON OF A BITCH IN SPITE OF THE FACT WE HAVE THE SAME MOTHER AND I TOLD HIM INTO WHICH BODILY ORFICE HE COULD INSERT HIS ASSAULT CUTLERY AND I GRABBED A SAUCER FROM THE MANTLE TO DEFEND MESELF BECAUSE WE HAD JUST HAD TEA AND A SPOT OF DIGESTIVE BISCUITS IMPORTED FROM IBIZIA AND THERE WERE SAUCERS AND DIGESTIVE BISCUITS LAYING ABOUT, AND THAT'S HOW A MODERATE QUALITY OF BLOOD GOT ON THE VELOUR CURTAINS. JUST A REGULAR DUST UP MATE. I DIDN'T TRY GOING FOR THE ARTERIES OR ANYTHING WITH THE SHATTERED EDGE OF MY TEA TIME SAUCER, ME BROTHERS JUST A BIT OF A BLEEDER. ANYWAYS, HERE'S WONDERWALL."

Comment

I mean, Garrett, think of this as a missed opportunity. What if it HAD been Oasis, and you had been stranded with them? You would have had 72 hours to goad one brother into killing the other brother, which sounds biblical as fuck, and also would have probably hampered their future musical output. Probably.

Comment

[/internet]

Comment

I'd rather have welcomed the permafrost with arms wide open. Embrace death. Forever Winter. Silence.

*slow heavy metal music playing*

Comment

I figured this couldn't be in the US, since they only had one hit here. It'd be an interesting tribute band that just played "Wonderwall" over and over...

Comment

Working...
                        X