Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXODUS- Persona Non Grata (November 19th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXODUS- Persona Non Grata (November 19th)

I'm very disappointed that the new Exodus has come out and none of you have made a thread about it:

Was too busy listening to this greatness that came out the same day.

Comment

New Exodus FTW! Souza sound like it's 1988!

Comment

Listening through the album on the weekend during a long drive. Rips hard and Gary Holt hasn't lost his touch.

Comment

It's probably the best record of theirs since "Tempo...". Good stuff.

Comment

I've loved Exodus since the day I heard the Bonded by Blood advance cassette, but I can only take so much of Souza in one sitting. Really dig their newest stuff, but can't listen to much of it at once before his voice just grates on me.
            Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Originally posted by Iron1 View Post
              I've loved Exodus since the day I heard the Bonded by Blood advance cassette, but I can only take so much of Souza in one sitting. Really dig their newest stuff, but can't listen to much of it at once before his voice just grates on me.
              I will admit I haven't much liked how he's mixed in the "Sneap" era of the band. He was fine on "Pleasures" and "Fabulous", nothing was any good on the two after that, and it seems like the eq on his voice is "sharper" on all the Sneap records.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

I will admit I haven't much liked how he's mixed in the "Sneap" era of the band. He was fine on "Pleasures" and "Fabulous", nothing was any good on the two after that, and it seems like the eq on his voice is "sharper" on all the Sneap records.
                Yeah, definitely a voice that EQing can make or break. He has this higher nasally thing going on that could definitely be a lot worse with the wrong sound engineer.
                Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Whatever you do, don’t preorder albums through their label, Nuclear Blast. Those MFers don’t actually ship the album UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE. I won’t get my CD until Wednesday.

At least thanks to YouTube I’ve already heard the album.

Comment

Originally posted by scole View Post
                    Whatever you do, don’t preorder albums through their label, Nuclear Blast. Those MFers don’t actually ship the album UNTIL THE RELEASE DATE. I won’t get my CD until Wednesday.

i preordered through Decibel (bought the longbox) and i'm getting it today. i really dont understand this stuff. why should i get it after it comes out if i preorder? i feel like i should get it the day of. what's the point of the preorder when i could probably go out day-of and buy it, getting it sooner?

Comment

Originally posted by Iron1 View Post

Yeah, definitely a voice that EQing can make or break. He has this higher nasally thing going on that could definitely be a lot worse with the wrong sound engineer.
                      He sounds like he has a clothespin over his nose, but he's the voice I spent a zillion hours of my childhood riding BMX bikes to so it gets a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by scole View Post

Comment

Originally posted by thrashinbatman View Post

i preordered through Decibel (bought the longbox) and i'm getting it today. i really dont understand this stuff. why should i get it after it comes out if i preorder? i feel like i should get it the day of. what's the point of the preorder when i could probably go out day-of and buy it, getting it sooner?
                          Yeah, if this is the way they’re gonna play it, at least include a digital download in the purchase price. Other bands have done this and this is cool by me. Saves me the step of ripping it to get it into my library.

Comment

Comment

I already did on the Thursday Thrash Thread... but the full album got blocked on the Link I posted

I LOVE it!!! That guitar tone is just SICK!!!!

Comment

This is my review

I got the new album by Exodus and I will listen to it in one go and I'll make a review as I go through the songs.

Song 1 Persona non grata, Started with brutal riff right out of the gate, this is what I expect with Exodus. It has speed, brutality, nasty guitar tone so far its kicking ass! Guitar work on this one is really good. Leads sounds great, its not some random note shred it has flavour and its done nicely. The riff that chugs behind lead is heavy and really in your face. Oh yes, this section is kicked in into new gear and I love it. it went from fast to slow heavy, i wished they kept that vibe till the end, it would have been perfect. Wait I think its coming back, yeeeeeeeeesss speed is back this riffs rips man. They are going out with a bang on this one.

Song 2 R.E.M.F. Cool heavy metal sounding so far, little nuance riff is great touch, it shows great skills at guitar work. Lead work on this album is really good, it stands out to me and its not random up and down on scale. but I want fast riffs and speed, hoping for more brutal fast riffing. Good song though, not bad at all.

Song 3 Slipping into madness, Catchy intro and it grabbed my attention straight away, sounds really groovy with heavy metal vibes. Small nuance riffs are nice touch. Cool breakdown, guitar and bass answering each other while drum grooves. Lead comes in its absolutely ripping it, harmonised riffing gives maiden vibes. Not bad overall.

song 4 Elitist, It sounds crossed between heavy/power metal nothing grabs my attention so far. I like the guitar tone, here comes the lead and it sounds better than the song . overall I am not liking this song. sounds like a feeler song.

song 5 Prescribing horror... Opens with really nice intro which set the tone to what's to come. Riff that follows is really in your face, its nasty, brutal and unforgiving. This song is lyrically dark and heavy. it has ominous feel to it, and child's crying in the end leaves unsettling feeling.

song 6 The beatings will continue until morals improve.....This sounds promising, its fast and as cool opener. Oh yes loving the riff, this is what I want from Exodus its f*** head banger!!! Lead work is great as usual, tone, the feel, the speed it all there, you cant as for more than that.

song 7 The years of death and dying... Opens with nice chugga chagga gets you grooving, sounds like Sabbath on steroids. There is a lots of slow chug chug, I'm half way through the album and I'm not getting my speed fix just yet, which is disappointing. Lead work is the high light of the song.

song 8 Clickbait This one is fast so far, its a thrasher its fast but for some reason it dose not make me go I want to hear it again or oh that's cool . What stands throughout of this album is the lead work . every song has real cool lead work. this song to me is ok.

song 9 Cosa del panato I like fly sound intro that's funny lol and cowboy guitar work.

song 10 Lunatic liar lord in transitions nicely from previous song, riffs on this song has my attention. i like the riffing, this is the song I will listen many times. The break down makes you want to do slow head bang transitioning into fast section ...... this transition riff is nasty, here comes the leads and as usual they didn't disappoint me. This song is banger!

song 11 The fires of division ... off to thrasher start so far so good oh yes this is thrasher song..... I really like this one so far this is what I expect from Exodus. An other great solo/lead work riffs behind solo kick ass too. This song going into my fav playlist for sure!

Song 12 Antiseed This is a thrasher song sounds promising, it has speed, thrash elements and it has my attention! I'm enjoying the riffs and speed. It easily can go on my playlist. It has old school chug we all love, it goes from fast to slow and from slow to fast really well. Lead work puts final touch to the awesome guitar work.

in short I like some songs, i wish it had mote faster songs. Overall not bad album.

Comment

Working...
                                X