Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Halo Effect

Outstanding new metal.

It's nice to see Jesper Stromblad do anything. The Resistance was a little underwhelming for me, but this shows promise.

Comment

Yeah that was cool, I always wondered what happened to him after In Flames....on a side note, the other guitarist's axe was possibly the nicest looking Explorer I've ever seen.....

Comment

So that's bascially "what once was In Flames" with the Dark Tranquility vocalist?
        Song is o.k., would have hoped for a bit more hit-material, but will check out the album once it drops.

Comment

I'd like this song much more without the super forward-mixed synths.

Comment

Originally posted by petereanima View Post
            So that's bascially "what once was In Flames" with the Dark Tranquility vocalist?
            Song is o.k., would have hoped for a bit more hit-material, but will check out the album once it drops.
            Yeah, didn't a bunch of guys just leave DT too? Not really sure what the reasoning is behind taking this Dark Tranquility b-side and recording it with the In Flames dude is, vs just...having them join DT.

It's gonnabe like the Omnium Gatherum/Insomnium and we'll end up with two bands that are made up of almost all the same guys writing almost the same music.

Comment

I'd like this if it wasn't for the Cookie Monster-type vocals.

Comment

I personally dug it. Should be interesting to see what the rest of the album sounds like.

Originally posted by Stitsel View Post
                Yeah that was cool, I always wondered what happened to him after In Flames....on a side note, the other guitarist's axe was possibly the nicest looking Explorer I've ever seen.....
                That's just a Gibson Explorer Custom... you too could have one for a cool $5300!

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitar/...rd-Gloss/Ebony

I think Mikael Stanne also contributed session vocals to the first In Flames album, so they have all been associated with In Flames at some point.

Comment

This is literally the Lunar Strain In Flames lineup, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

This is literally the Lunar Strain In Flames lineup, I believe.
                    Almost, but you and Alan are right - i completely forgot that Stanne was voaclist on Lunar Strain.

Comment

This reminds me that I used to really like Dark Tranquillity, but having none of it saved after getting a computer stolen meant it got left by the wayside.

I should fix that .

Comment

Working...
                      X