Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Halo Effect

Outstanding new metal.

It's nice to see Jesper Stromblad do anything. The Resistance was a little underwhelming for me, but this shows promise.

Comment

Yeah that was cool, I always wondered what happened to him after In Flames....on a side note, the other guitarist's axe was possibly the nicest looking Explorer I've ever seen.....

Comment

So that's bascially "what once was In Flames" with the Dark Tranquility vocalist?
        Song is o.k., would have hoped for a bit more hit-material, but will check out the album once it drops.

Comment

I'd like this song much more without the super forward-mixed synths.

Comment

Originally posted by petereanima View Post
            So that's bascially "what once was In Flames" with the Dark Tranquility vocalist?
            Song is o.k., would have hoped for a bit more hit-material, but will check out the album once it drops.
            Yeah, didn't a bunch of guys just leave DT too? Not really sure what the reasoning is behind taking this Dark Tranquility b-side and recording it with the In Flames dude is, vs just...having them join DT.

It's gonnabe like the Omnium Gatherum/Insomnium and we'll end up with two bands that are made up of almost all the same guys writing almost the same music.

Comment

I'd like this if it wasn't for the Cookie Monster-type vocals.

Comment

I personally dug it. Should be interesting to see what the rest of the album sounds like.

Originally posted by Stitsel View Post
                Yeah that was cool, I always wondered what happened to him after In Flames....on a side note, the other guitarist's axe was possibly the nicest looking Explorer I've ever seen.....
                That's just a Gibson Explorer Custom... you too could have one for a cool $5300!

https://www.gibson.com/en-US/Guitar/...rd-Gloss/Ebony

I think Mikael Stanne also contributed session vocals to the first In Flames album, so they have all been associated with In Flames at some point.

Comment

This is literally the Lunar Strain In Flames lineup, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

This is literally the Lunar Strain In Flames lineup, I believe.
                    Almost, but you and Alan are right - i completely forgot that Stanne was voaclist on Lunar Strain.

Comment

This reminds me that I used to really like Dark Tranquillity, but having none of it saved after getting a computer stolen meant it got left by the wayside.

I should fix that .

Comment

Single #2

Comment

It would be nice if the guitars were mixed a little differently, but that's a good enough song. Not up to "Jester Race" or even "Colony" standards, but still pretty good.

Comment

I liked it

Kinda forgot about the In Flamesverse. Loved them back in the day
                            Leon Today at 7:59 PM: Ripping farts is heaven

Comment

The full album's out. Listened to it yesterday and it's solid, but not exactly groundbreaking. There's a few tracks on there that sound like they could've been on Whoracle, so fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by tibernius View Post
                                The full album's out. Listened to it yesterday and it's solid, but not exactly groundbreaking. There's a few tracks on there that sound like they could've been on Whoracle, so fine by me.
                                It's pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Comment

Currently spinning this album and enjoying the crap out of it.

Comment

Listened to the album last night, and it was a fun experience. Super catchy, decent song writing and Stanne does his clean vocal thing for most of a song.
                                    The guitar solos are not all that memorable though.

Comment

I'm trying to avoid listening to it until the vinyl lands.. which should hopefully be next week some time. This feedback is exciting to see though... just wish they had a more creative lead player in the band.

Comment

Originally posted by playstopause View Post
                                        I'd like this if it wasn't for the Cookie Monster-type vocals.
                                        Same. I got about three lines into it and turned it off. Not only do I just have no tolerance for that vocal style these days, but it seems like the dude is listening to a different soong entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                          I'm trying to avoid listening to it until the vinyl lands...

Why? Seriously though.......why?

I am 38 years old. I did not grow up in the vinyl age. Hell, my parents got rid of theirs even before I was born. However, I started collecting vinyl when I was in my teens. I dont have a fuck ton considering but I have roughly 300lps and I have been buying more lately. Hell, Im even going to construct myself self a vinyl shelf with pullout drawers soon. With that being said, why are you holding out for a vinyl release for an album like this? Modern/newer vinyl totally defeats the purpose. You're taking something thats recorded digitally, mixed digitally, mastered digitally, and then pressed into an analog format...

That mentality never made sense to me. The same goes for re-issues. Re-issues, of old albums, are pressed via a digital master and its obvious too. I have a few re-issues (gifts by people who dont know better). A friend of mine brought over his OG copy of Slayer- Reign in Blood and we compared the 2. The difference is night and day. The original is so much more dynamic.

Moral of these stories? Don't waste your time/money on new vinyl releases and even re-issues.
                                          Last edited by wombcannon; 08-23-2022, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wombcannon View Post

Why? Seriously though.......why?

I am 38 years old. I did not grow up in the vinyl age. Hell, my parents got rid of theirs even before I was born. However, I started collecting vinyl when I was in my teens. I dont have a fuck ton considering but I have roughly 300lps and I have been buying more lately. Hell, Im even going to construct myself self a vinyl shelf with pullout drawers soon. With that being said, why are you holding out for a vinyl release for an album like this? Modern/newer vinyl totally defeats the purpose. You're taking something thats recorded digitally, mixed digitally, mastered digitally, and then pressed into an analog format...

That mentality never made sense to me. The same goes for re-issues. Re-issues, of old albums, are pressed via a digital master and its obvious too. I have a few re-issues (gifts by people who dont know better). A friend of mine brought over his OG copy of Slayer- Reign in Blood and we compared the 2. The difference is night and day. The original is so much more dynamic.

Moral of these stories? Don't waste your time/money on new vinyl releases and even re-issues.
                                            Fuck, I just like feeling like I'm a teenager again by getting a new album and throwing it on. I'm 42 and it's not easy these days to feel like a kid anymore, so why do you feel the need to shit on my parade like that? Or care so much about what I spend my hard earned money on?

I'm very well aware of the whole process recording/mixing/mastering/pressing process, so no need to be a condescending dickhole about it. Go relax and worry about your own shit and less about what makes someone else happy.

Comment

so no need to be a condescending dickhole about it.
                                              Dude, have you met our members?

Comment

Fuck, I just like feeling like I'm a teenager again by getting a new album and throwing it on.
                                                I get that, but its just a dumb product to buy and thus, a dumb reason to hold out to actually listening to the album. Maybe buy the cd instead? You're not much older than me. Im sure you were buying cds as a teenager...

I'm 42 and it's not easy these days to feel like a kid anymore, so why do you feel the need to shit on my parade like that? Or care so much about what I spend my hard earned money on?
                                                1) I find it laughable that you made it a point to reply to this thread and tell people you have not heard it because you did not get your vinyl copy
                                                2) Im passing along my knowledge of what "modern vinyl" is. I know people, older than us, that have no clue what they are actually buying and if they did, they would just buy the CD instead.

I'm very well aware of the whole process recording/mixing/mastering/pressing process, so no need to be a condescending dickhole about it. Go relax and worry about your own shit and less about what makes someone else happy.
                                                So you know you're buying a shit product, but you do it for the illusion of being young? If you don't me to be a condescending dickhole, maybe don't reply to make it a point that you have not heard the album because you did not get your quark sniffing vinyl copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Dude, have you met our members?
                                                  Fair point.

Originally posted by wombcannon View Post

blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                                                  X