Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Pat Martino

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...st-dies-at-77/

An amazing jazz legend has left us. RIP.

Damn. Getting old sucks.

Comment

Pat was an absolute GIANT in the jazz world, no doubt about it. I think a lot of us knew when he had to stop playing out in late '18 for health reasons that he wasn't going to last very long, but he was a fighter. When I saw him (only once) I was surprised to see he was possibly 5'5" and maybe 100 pounds, but he was a tough old guy from Philly!

RIP Pat

From Benedetto Guitars:

We are profoundly saddened to learn of the passing of guitar legend and friend Pat Martino (Patrick C. Azzara Sep 25, 1944 - Nov 1, 2021) Pat influenced generations of musicians, and spent a lifetime performing, recording and composing music known around the world for its fire and beauty. Pat was affiliated with with Benedetto Guitars for the past decade, where we produce his Pat Martino Model guitar designed by Pat and Robert Benedetto. His Benedetto accompanied Pat on every stage and studio performance in his final years. We proud of our association, honored to be considered his friend, and are forever indebted to Pat for the joy of music he imparted on our musical family. Deepest condolence to Pat's wife Aya, and to his longtime friend and loyal manager Joe Donofrio, who's unwavering support of Pat made his life better up the end.

Comment

A little background on what Pat overcame in his life...
        https://nautil.us/issue/20/creativit...aved-his-music

Comment

This thread deserves some shred (jazz variety).

Comment

This type of music is not my thing but this dude could tear it right up. RIP.

Comment

Working...
            X