• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy 1981 vs Heavy 2021...

HEAVY 1981 (skip to 0:20)

"hevvy" 2021 (skip to 0:60)

Yeah, but the 1981 guy looks cooler...
    Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

That, plus the METAL AS FUCK ATTITUDE, thats the point

Comment

The second vid has a severe case of "I refuse to watch thanks to obnoxious face thumbnail" syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
          The second vid has a severe case of "I refuse to watch thanks to obnoxious face thumbnail" syndrome.
          Oh, you need to watch though cause it's full of "metal face = ImmaDork" shots. Music is heavy, playing is cool, but the guy looks about as metal as the field of flowers scene in the Sound of Music...
          Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Djent's favorite Tryhard.

Everyone shits on 80's hair and glam bands for looking ridiculous, but at least they did it to play clubs and get chicks. Imagine havnig a time machine and telling 80's Nikki Sixx that 30 years later people would make this face, by themselves, for internet clicks from strangers while miming pre-recorded guitar lines. Furiously rocking away like he's playing Madison Square Garden in front of his desk full of pens and leftover snacks, "stage" lights and all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.05.05 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	930.8 KB ID:	30642

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.11.08 AM.png
Views:	127
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	30644

Hair and glam didn't kill metal. It even survived nu-metal and the Fred Durst/311 era of awfulness. But when metal eventually goes the way of disco and people wonder what happened, I'm pointing my finger at the miming, profiteering, gear-flipping, endlessly "endorsing", influencer-face generation as the ones that ruined it all.
            Attached Files

Comment

that guitar tone in the second video is balls.

Comment

Maybe it sucks because it’s an 8 string guitar..

Comment

Yeah...

Name:	image_2294.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	30674

Comment

On a positive note, is that an Ibanez Destroyer? It looks nice.

Comment

Well, OK.

One is an example of an actual band playing actual songs in front of actual people. The other is an example of an extended marketing campaign, and apparently no song was harmed in making the video, because I didn't hear one.

Comment

If all you do is sit at your computer on Youtube, you'll only see the second and think that's the metal scene. Go to shows, start a band, play in dive bars, get a mosh pit of 4 people going and see what it feels like when that crowd grows to 15 or 300 or 2000.

The club scene in the 70s and 80s was clearly superior, but there is good rock and metal that still exists, but it's better live than on youtube.

Also, for modern heavy - Dyscarnate is my go to. I need to see this band live so badly:

Comment

Now, what are the odds the dude didn't punch in each individual harmonic in that riff?

Comment

81 had some good stuff ... those low t djent turds wish they could have 10% of the success of any of these albums, except maybe Venom lol

Ozzy- Diary of a Madman

Iron Maiden- Killers

Black Sabbath - Mob Rules

Rush- Moving Pictures

Venom- Welcome to Hell

"Slow Hand"

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
                              Now, what are the odds the dude didn't punch in each individual harmonic in that riff?
                              I'm sure it's not mimed

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller View Post
                                Go to shows, start a band, play in dive bars, get a mosh pit of 4 people going a
                                I'm in my 40s, ain't nobody got time for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                  Everyone shits on 80's hair and glam bands for looking ridiculous, but at least they did it to play clubs and get chicks. Imagine havnig a time machine and telling 80's Nikki Sixx that 30 years later people would make this face, by themselves, for internet clicks from strangers while miming pre-recorded guitar lines. Furiously rocking away like he's playing Madison Square Garden in front of his desk full of pens and leftover snacks, "stage" lights and all.
                                  He's twice the man Nikki will ever be. Maybe even three times the man. Possibly four more Twinkies away from being four times the man.

Comment

Originally posted by noodles View Post

He's twice the man Nikki will ever be. Maybe even three times the man. Possibly four more Twinkies away from being four times the man.
                                    Twinkies are a hell of a drug!

Comment

No need to do "fat jokes".
                                      He's already demoing an Oversized cab...

(look here how to be "PC" and "PIC" in the same post )

Comment

I'm in my 40s, ain't nobody got time for that!
                                        once you've done your time in the mines, you can retire to being a bedroom warrior. these dudes who pick up a guitar in their bedroom, and then decide that they'd rather make content for YouTube that no one will watch versus going out and being on stage confound me. granted, no one will watch you on stage either, but at least it's fun and you're using your gear and skills towards creating art, yaknow? people still listen to Holocaust now 40 years later. will people be watching your YT video demoing IRs 40 years from now?

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
                                          I laughed my ass off. You should watch it too!

Comment

Hair and glam didn't kill metal. It even survived nu-metal and the Fred Durst/311 era of awfulness. But when metal eventually goes the way of disco and people wonder what happened, I'm pointing my finger at the miming, profiteering, gear-flipping, endlessly "endorsing", influencer-face generation as the ones that ruined it all.
                                            You mean the music that /7 spawned?

Comment

Originally posted by Überschall View Post

Name:	oh-shit-ffwtab.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	30780

Comment

Originally posted by Überschall View Post

I'll take partial blame. Djent is my fault, but demo-core came way after me.

Comment

Democore. I like that

(the term, NOT the phenomenon )

Comment

Working...
                                                  X