19 Year Old Jeff Loomis Wins Guitar Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19 Year Old Jeff Loomis Wins Guitar Contest

Saw this on another forum and had to share it.

He starts around min 3.30 +/-

Comment

Thats some great hair too
      "Slow Hand"

Comment

He was so clean and fast back then. It's ridiculous to see how good he was at 19.

Just refined as he got older, easy to see how he could have got the Megadeth gig at 16 or however old he was.

Comment

It's the oldschool Peavey combo behind him that's the key to his tone.

(And a metric fuckton of Skill, I suppose)

Comment

Holy shit.
            Leon Today at 7:59 PM: Ripping farts is heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              It's the oldschool Peavey combo behind him that's the key to his tone.

(And a metric fuckton of Skill, I suppose)
              Honestly, the first time I saw him was a Digitech Twin-Tube and a Peavey CS 800 power amp. Tone is in the fingers, or at least it's in HIS fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Honestly, the first time I saw him was a Digitech Twin-Tube and a Peavey CS 800 power amp. Tone is in the fingers, or at least it's in HIS fingers.

Comment

Comment

I want to know if anyone at Guitar Starz '91 plugged into the Fender.

Comment

Honestly, it's amazing how much that sounds like him, as an adlt. I guess its the vibrato, that's jumping out at me the most...?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                        Honestly, it's amazing how much that sounds like him, as an adlt. I guess its the vibrato, that's jumping out at me the most...?
                        My ear's not quite good/trained enough to tell, but he does a ton of diminished scale stuff in Nevermore and I think he's doing some here?

For me it's also that his playing always sounds really legato even when he's alternate or sweep picking.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk Krogan View Post

My ear's not quite good/trained enough to tell, but he does a ton of diminished scale stuff in Nevermore and I think he's doing some here?

For me it's also that his playing always sounds really legato even when he's alternate or sweep picking.
                          At these speeds, who the fuck knows, man. It would certainly make sense though that the "core": of his vocabulary was pretty well evolved early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

At these speeds, who the fuck knows, man.

Comment

Surely Drew has just thrown down the gauntlet for anyone with a copy of Transcribe! on their machine?

Comment

Ripped from VHS. Legit.

Comment

Working...
                                X