Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guilty Pleasures (songs that you like that are way outside your norm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd ususally be the frontrunner hating this. But the video and song in combination are perfection.

Yep. Still sticking to what i wrote above.

Comment

I was going to say I don't have any guilty pleasures, then this came to mind.

Günther's "Ding Dong Song" - the synth stuff in the verses reminds me of cool old-school video game music (One Must Fall 2097 etc)

Comment

Originally posted by thrashinbatman View Post
        i don't really consider "guilty pleasures" a thing; you either like music or you don't. i tend to have fairly garbage taste in stuff anyway, so that only compounds my views. i have one exception, however:

i hate that i like this song so much.
        We play this in my cover band. I love this song.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonplayer View Post

Not too surprising. David Cassidy was quite the hot item among the girls in our age group. It's also one of those damned songs that you can't get out of your head despite really really wanting to.
          This is true. Like so many of the "TV Show Band" songs, it was written by a professional songwriter, and those tend to have that hook factor.

Comment

Title doesn't compute for me, but every single time I've scrolled past the title I've initally read "... outside your mom"

I think I need help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
              Title doesn't compute for me, but every single time I've scrolled past the title I've initally read "... outside your mom"

I think I need help.

I wouldn't exactly call this outside my norm any more really but I freaking love Gothic/Doom/Murder country

Lot of parallels with black metal... yeah no blast beats but one man projects singing about death and despair.

if you ever feel like going down the rabbit hole... https://www.gothiccountry.se/artists.html
              O K T H E N

Comment

Originally posted by Webdood View Post

Dude, err, Dood, my Mom is 76 (even if she looks a lot younger owing to a genetic quirk meaning that she has next to no grey hair – if you think you've seen jealous shitbags on gear forums...).

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post

Dude, err, Dood,.
                  O K T H E N

Comment

The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Comment

In the UK in the early 2000's there was a rise in some pretty cool bands. It was sort of an evolution of the "indie" move in the previous decade, but it was a little more rock orientated, a bit punk, and sort of the predecessor to emo.

Stuff like that. There are some gems among the utter shit. These guys and a band called Reuben. Unashamedly love them. It's nothing special, just great songwriting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattayus View Post
                          In the UK in the early 2000's there was a rise in some pretty cool bands. It was sort of an evolution of the "indie" move in the previous decade, but it was a little more rock orientated, a bit punk, and sort of the predecessor to emo.

This album is the fucking tits, probably in my top 20 all time albums.
                          www.terra.band

Comment

(Deleted because i was drunk)

Last edited by d8200; 09-17-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonplayer View Post
                              Not guilty about it at all, but recently I've been obsessing over the Night Flight Orchestra, which is a side project of the singer and guitarist from Soilwork and the bassist from Arch Enemy, which plays '80s rock (sort of Toto-ish). Album after album of ridiculously catchy and well-played songs. Here are two of their most recent videos:

This is awesome, i think i am gonna get me that record.

Comment

Working...
                              X