New Iron Maiden - anyone listening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Iron Maiden - anyone listening?

I'm surprised nobody has posted about it yet. It isn't classic Maiden, but it's actually good. I'm enjoying the crap out of it right now.

There is a thread about it, I for one didnt like the album. Sounds boring to me .

Comment

i had it on in the car today, it's better than the first two singles.

Comment

Listened to it once through (well...I hit skip halfway through a few songs), and probably won't ever hear these songs again, except from the bathroom or beer line at a Maiden show.

I will love Maiden forever, and they're probably the best live band I've ever seen, but they're just completely out of ideas, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk Krogan View Post
          I will love Maiden forever, and they're probably the best live band I've ever seen, but they're just completely out of ideas, imo.
          I hate that you're right. With any luck we'll get another Dickson solo record w/Roy Z at some point. Chemical Wedding is better than anything Maiden's done in the last 10 years.

Still, Maiden > *, always.

Comment

Speaking of which…

Bruce Dickinson’s Next Solo Album Stalled by Pandemic Travel Restrictions

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
              I'm surprised nobody has posted about it yet. It isn't classic Maiden, but it's actually good. I'm enjoying the crap out of it right now.
              Sadly its not... It's really bad and boring.

Listened to it in a go once to say I had listened to it. Don't plan in a near future (if ever) to re-listen)

Already commented this on the Maiden FB Group and I'm not the only thinking like this. Sure some came right after me calling weird names and that I wasn't a Fan... oh well... cant seem to know the difference between a Fan and a Fanboy it seems.

Maiden will forever be MY Band and even though I made peace with them never be again what they once were and accepting some of the stuff that started with Brave New World, which I call the Third Maiden Instalment... the repetition and getting boring and boring by the Album got to me much for me.

Just hope new Bruce solo album doesn't have 35 minutes songs as well... since Chemical is a MONSTER of an Album and Tyranny is also great.

Comment

They really like repeating the same parts for way too many times over, just to make songs longer.

I am very tempted at cutting down the songs and uploading "properly structured versions"

I did that with The Red And The Black from "Book Of Souls" a couple of years ago.
                It went from 13 minutes down to 6 (!!!) and it felt like a more coherent song without unnecessary repetitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazon_Stone View Post
                  I did that with The Red And The Black from "Book Of Souls" a couple of years ago.
                  It went from 13 minutes down to 6 (!!!) and it felt like a more coherent song without unnecessary repetitions.
                  I wish they'd play those versions live so they could fit in an extra song the fans actually like instead. :\

Comment

Kevin Shirley needs to go. He just lets them do whatever, and that means 10 minute jams instead of focused songs. There are some great parts in the last 2 albums, they just get lost in the fluff.

Comment

Listened to it 4 times now, and initially i didn't like it. Right now i really dig it, the second half of the album is W A Y better than the first half (which includes the two singles released up front - also, it has to be one of the worst decisions for an album opener ever). It is better than Book Of Souls and if it wasn't for "When The Wild Wind Blows", also better than Final Frontier (which i initially didn't like at all, but find myself coming back to it from time to time). I think i like it even more than Dance Of Death.

Death Of The Celts, Darkest Hour and Hell On Earth are great songs! Yeah, Caveman Shirley is not Martin Birch and unfortunately he lets them jam for fucking ever. Cut that shit, speed em up just a lil bit and you ahve amazing songs there that are calssics for the eternity.

Comment

Working...
                      X