Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gloryhammer kicks singer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Gloryhammer kicks singer

    Discuss

    https://www.metalsucks.net/2021/08/2...-band-members/

    #2
    huge disappointment. i love gloryhammer and winkler's vocals were such an integral part of their sound. i hope whoever they get to replace him will be able to hang. thankfully for them, the last album ended with angus mcfife dying so they don't have to try to hard to explain his absence.

    as for the other allegations, cartwright being an abuser does NOT surprise me. dude was a mad creep to a couple of my female friends when they played my city a few years ago.

    Comment


      #3
      ^Yeah, the Alestorm/Gloryhammer (they share members) guys are fucking creeps and cunts. It's not a secret. Their music sucks too. The leaked group chats are fucking gross.





      Like, come on dude, you play the fucking keyboards. Get over yourself.

      Alestorm and Gloryhammer both fucking suck and I've of the same opinion as Rocka on them musically. Why would you listen to that shit when you could just listen to Running Wild, whose pirate/celtic shtick quite a few bands and have ripped off. (Grave Digger too, to a lesser extent, although Grave Digger have never been as good as Running Wild) Creepy power metal bros and their keyboards making Nintendo noises overtaking the genre is the worst thing that has happened to Power Metal.

      Comment


        #4
        I never heard of this band until now.

        Comment


          #5

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Megametal7 View Post
            I never heard of this band until now.
            Do yourself a favor. Forget them.

            Comment


              #7
              I think GH is a lot of fun and always liked them. This thread is disappointing as hell. :/

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Megametal7 View Post
                I never heard of this band until now.
                Me either. And every time I see this thread title, I hear one of my buddies who always used to joke about hiring someone to "man the glory hole".
                Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  I think GH is a lot of fun and always liked them. This thread is disappointing as hell. :/
                  This.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Chris View Post
                    I think GH is a lot of fun and always liked them. This thread is disappointing as hell. :/
                    Me too, I love these guys. They put on an amazing show.

                    Not looking to justify that group thread, but how would you authenticate something like that? Nobody's name is in there, it's just a screenshot, that seems fairly easy to falsify.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by beneharris View Post

                      Me too, I love these guys. They put on an amazing show.

                      Not looking to justify that group thread, but how would you authenticate something like that? Nobody's name is in there, it's just a screenshot, that seems fairly easy to falsify.
                      While I agree, it actually lines up with the scuttlebutt about them, so this is more of a "pile-on" than a "hey, these guys were cool, then I saw this."

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Mike View Post

                        While I agree, it actually lines up with the scuttlebutt about them, so this is more of a "pile-on" than a "hey, these guys were cool, then I saw this."
                        Sure, makes sense. My Facebook was hacked 4 or 5 months back, and I still haven't recovered it. So if it has happened since then, I'm clueless


                        A funny story about them. When I saw them live there was a table full of beer - probably a 24 pack or so. I remember thinking "there is no way that is enough for the whole band." Then the keyboard player (who was not Chris whatever his name is) proceeded to drink all of them by himself. It was very impressive.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Iron1 View Post

                          Me either. And every time I see this thread title, I hear one of my buddies who always used to joke about hiring someone to "man the glory hole".
                          I'm not going to lie when I read the title I was thinking that hahaha

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I took them as a spoof of power metal, and I kind of enjoyed their "Scotsmen in Space" schtick. Too bad.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Greg McCoy View Post
                              Why would you listen to that shit when you could just listen to Running Wild, whose pirate/celtic shtick quite a few bands and have ripped off. (Grave Digger too, to a lesser extent, although Grave Digger have never been as good as Running Wild) Creepy power metal bros and their keyboards making Nintendo noises overtaking the genre is the worst thing that has happened to Power Metal.
                              You're doing that poser "I only listen to band X and never band Y" thing that's just as ridiculous as your patch jacket full of "vintage" thrash band logos you bought on eBay but can't name a single song from. Stop being a metal hipster, it's never cool.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Chris View Post

                                You're doing that poser "I only listen to band X and never band Y" thing that's just as ridiculous as your patch jacket full of "vintage" thrash band logos you bought on eBay but can't name a single song from. Stop being a metal hipster, it's never cool.
                                Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by thrashinbatman View Post
                                  huge disappointment. i love gloryhammer and winkler's vocals were such an integral part of their sound.
                                  His look, stage presence and game willingness to be daft, too. But I guess he's as replaceable as all bar Bowes and maybe the Turk siblings.

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X