Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Van Halen Lost Guitar Found

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Eddie Van Halen Lost Guitar Found




    According to some comments, seems this guitar was on Reverb without people knowing what it really was.

    #2
    Doesn't have the original neck, though, apparently.

    I'd be a little nervous on the authenticity of it. I mean, it's a basic mahogany strat body that anybody could do up to look like the EVH guitar. How do you positively ID it?

    The vintage guitar market is such a seedy racket...this video skeezes me out.

    Comment


      #3
      The dude schilling the thing looks like someone who considers their day job "Knowing a lot about EVH stuff". I swear I met him at Ed Roman's shop...

      Comment


        #4
        Ha. "Casino Guitar" guys are about a hour for where I live, they're cool guys. Not familiar with that man however.
        I was gonna go to that show in Asheville, N.C. (Warren Haynes original home) but I missed due to other stuff and I'm saving funds.

        Yeah, I guess they could match the grain on the photo? But in my opinion there's no way it should be worth that price without the OG neck.
        Boogie Bodies were the bodies that Eddie used but what was the neck?
        Last edited by Ghost.; 08-19-2021, 05:36 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          I need a shower after watching that.

          [Dude talking, while adding to a listing on Sotherbys]: "Yeah, man, THE HISTORY! These things just don't up at ALL!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Ghost. View Post
            Yeah, I guess they could match the grain on the photo? But in my opinion there's no way it should be worth that price without the OG neck.
            Boogie Bodies were the bodies that Eddie used but what was the neck?
            Charvel. Made by Lynn Ellsworth, so also Boogie Bodies. At least that's what was on the one buried with Dime and the original candy stripe, so I would suspect that one would be similar. I think Charvel was selling parts to DiMarzio by 1980, but I don't think they opened their own woodwork shop until later in 1980. (Grover says one thing, Wayne says another. Who knows at this point?)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by scole View Post
              I need a shower after watching that.

              [Dude talking, while adding to a listing on Sotherbys]: "Yeah, man, THE HISTORY! These things just don't up at ALL!
              I didn't agree with Ed Roman on much, but he was dead on with the vintage and celeb guitar market. I wanna know what happened to the thousands of Strats that got brass nuts and humbucker routs in the late '70s and early '80s? How many were "restored" and changed hands as "correct vintage" now that they're worth $10K?

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Ghost. View Post
                Yeah, I guess they could match the grain on the photo?
                Is there even a good enough picture of Eddie's guitar to allow for that? I mean, this was hardly a regular choice of his.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jacksonplayer View Post

                  Is there even a good enough picture of Eddie's guitar to allow for that? I mean, this was hardly a regular choice of his.
                  Maybe a personal one. But only Wolfie would give access to that I imagine if they even had one.

                  I just can't believe this man randomly dropped 20k.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X