Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you think you have a hard time getting your gear over to band practice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you think you have a hard time getting your gear over to band practice....

Used to cover this in my first band, sans the giant building, which also was the only cover band I was ever in... which is probably why I suck at covering other people's music.
    Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

You win the thread title game.

Comment

Almost impossible to sing Motorhead songs. Lotta singers with unique voices but pitch and inflection will get you most of the way there. Lemmy's speaking voice WAS his singing voice, and it's so distinct you can't really fake it.

Comment

Cast in Bronze is a dude/act that has been doing the Renfaire circuit for like 30 years+ that has a set of Carillion bells mounted to a trailer he can tow. I think His son does it now also.

O K T H E N

Comment

^ That is badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Almost impossible to sing Motorhead songs. Lotta singers with unique voices but pitch and inflection will get you most of the way there. Lemmy's speaking voice WAS his singing voice, and it's so distinct you can't really fake it.
            I used to do it no problem. In fact, Lemmy became a big influence on my vocal style back in the 80s when I was still trying to find my own voice. I went from Lemmy, to Jeff Becerra to Martin Van Drunen - it's actually sort of interesting (for me at least) to go back and listen to the IC album, where I'd only been in the band for like 2 months, vs what I sounded like a year later when I was comfortable doing it my way - a lot more Lemmy/Jeff/Martin mixed in than what it sounds like on the album where I was just trying to imitate what came before.

It's probably hard for guys to imitate Lemmy now cause most modern metal singers don't look for their own voice since they're too busy trying to all sound the same...
            Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

For some reason that was the perfect thing to hear on Monday morning.

Comment

It's nice to hear something inspiring again.
                Love it.

Both clips. TSO is going to have to do that next.

Comment

Working...
                X