Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sebastian Bach tour: STTG in it's entirety

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sebastian Bach tour: STTG in it's entirety

    https://allthatshreds.com/sebastian-...ry-tour-dates/

    Fuck yes. Definitely going to this if I can swing it. One of the best rock albums ever made.


    #2
    Given the state of Bas' voice, I can only assume they're Bon Jovi-ing it, but it would still be fun to see.

    Comment


      #3
      Awesome! My vocalist should be psyched too, he's obsessed with Bach and just saw him recently. Would love to see this!

      Comment


        #4
        Isn’t that video the one where he tears apart that re-issue because it was just a record label thing that the band had nothing to do with? He ends up putting on the original vinyl and just talks shit about the re-release the whole time.

        I’d go see him. I’ve never even listened to STTG or any Skid Row album for that matter. At most, I played “18 And life” in a band in high school. Gonna have to throw that in my iTunes.
        The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post

          I’ve never even listened to STTG or any Skid Row album for that matter.
          Holy shit.

          If I'm making a top 10 all time rock album list, STTG, Appetite for Destruction and Back in Black are the top 3 every time.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post
            Isn’t that video the one where he tears apart that re-issue because it was just a record label thing that the band had nothing to do with? He ends up putting on the original vinyl and just talks shit about the re-release the whole time.

            I’d go see him. I’ve never even listened to STTG or any Skid Row album for that matter. At most, I played “18 And life” in a band in high school. Gonna have to throw that in my iTunes.
            wait, what? You’ve never listened to any Skid Row? This hurts my brain.

            Comment


              #7
              Yeah put down the Mudvayne and put in Slave to the Grind man. Fucking brilliant album.

              Comment


                #8
                Derp derp dang in a darkened room

                Comment


                  #9


                  While I’m not far off in age from you guys, I was a bit late getting into metal. Hell, I wouldn’t even have known about Skid Row if it weren’t for the Pantera home videos, so I’ve had to work my way backwards in some areas. All I cared about until I discovered Pantera was Alice In Chains, Floyd, Dream Theater and Vai and that was practically it….and Eric Johnson.

                  It’s already on my iTunes, so it’ll get some spins.
                  The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post


                    While I’m not far off in age from you guys, I was a bit late getting into metal. Hell, I wouldn’t even have known about Skid Row if it weren’t for the Pantera home videos, so I’ve had to work my way backwards in some areas. All I cared about until I discovered Pantera was Alice In Chains, Floyd, Dream Theater and Vai and that was practically it….and Eric Johnson.

                    It’s already on my iTunes, so it’ll get some spins.
                    I love those Pantera videos. I was a fan ever since their debut album, they used to play the shit out of 18 and Life and I Remember You on MTV back when MTV played music videos. Our band actually cover 18 and Life and Youth Gone Wild....just for fun. We really want to do Monkey Business though.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Shawn View Post

                      I love those Pantera videos. I was a fan ever since their debut album, they used to play the shit out of 18 and Life and I Remember You on MTV back when MTV played music videos. Our band actually cover 18 and Life and Youth Gone Wild....just for fun. We really want to do Monkey Business though.
                      Ah, it was “I Remember You” my high school band covered, not “18 And Life” like I thought. I remember visiting my dad with a VHS of a band practice and the second he heard the intro to “I Remember You” he begged me to fast forward it. “Andy, please, I hate this fucking song, I don’t care who’s playing it….ugh, this fucking song!”

                      The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Meanwhile, over in the other camp….

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	0003EC74-2EB3-45BA-AD44-1EC84607BDCD.jpeg
Views:	76
Size:	534.4 KB
ID:	22020

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Man, they must really, really hate each other. This is two big cash-in opportunities that have sailed right by...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Man, they must really, really hate each other. This is two big cash-in opportunities that have sailed right by...
                            I like watching Bas's videos but he definitely seems like he'd be tiring to be in a band with.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Chris View Post

                              I like watching Bas's videos but he definitely seems like he'd be tiring to be in a band with.
                              Probably, but Bach is Skid Row. It's a useless fuckin' band with anyone else singing.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Randy View Post

                                Probably, but Bach is Skid Row. It's a useless fuckin' band with anyone else singing.
                                Very true.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  I get the idea that Bas is a pretty cool guy in a one on one conversation or friendship, but he reeks of the personality that has to draw attention to himself in a crowd. I’d love to shoot the shit with him, just never around a large group of people. I dig his enthusiasm for things and how he still seems to be able to get that inner-15 year old to show his face when he’s excited, but there’s just that touch of LSD going on (and not the kind I prefer) that can easily make him unbearable to be around.

                                  He still busts his ass live, which I respect. He doesn’t rely on backing tracks to do the job for him and he’s got a pretty tough job. I think a lot of that is due to that enthusiasm he still has for music.

                                  He’s been pretty open about talking to the guys in the band and trying to make things work. It looked like it was going to happen about 5 years ago and if I remember right, Bas said the other guys were more interested in discussing money than anything else. I can definitely see some arguments arising from that; just look at this thread- no one gives a shit about SR unless he’s singing and I’m sure both parties are aware of that but getting SR to admit that is probably impossible. If they could put their ego’s aside and just agree that everyone gets an equal cut, they could probably book enough shows where everyone gets a good chunk of change at the end.

                                  The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Well, to be fair Bas needs the money a LOT more than the other guys do, since they all made a pile on the first record and he wasn't a full member at that point (he was brought in during the recording IIRC). It was always a shotgun marriage.

                                    He's also a handful and a half.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Zero people give a fuck about SR without him.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post
                                        I get the idea that Bas is a pretty cool guy in a one on one conversation or friendship, but he reeks of the personality that has to draw attention to himself in a crowd. I’d love to shoot the shit with him, just never around a large group of people. I dig his enthusiasm for things and how he still seems to be able to get that inner-15 year old to show his face when he’s excited, but there’s just that touch of LSD going on (and not the kind I prefer) that can easily make him unbearable to be around.

                                        He still busts his ass live, which I respect. He doesn’t rely on backing tracks to do the job for him and he’s got a pretty tough job. I think a lot of that is due to that enthusiasm he still has for music.

                                        He’s been pretty open about talking to the guys in the band and trying to make things work. It looked like it was going to happen about 5 years ago and if I remember right, Bas said the other guys were more interested in discussing money than anything else. I can definitely see some arguments arising from that; just look at this thread- no one gives a shit about SR unless he’s singing and I’m sure both parties are aware of that but getting SR to admit that is probably impossible. If they could put their ego’s aside and just agree that everyone gets an equal cut, they could probably book enough shows where everyone gets a good chunk of change at the end.
                                        Agreed. Dude is a total music dork and his enthusiasm is infectious.



                                        Having said that, being in a band with him has to be annoying as hell.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post
                                          I’d go see him. I’ve never even listened to STTG or any Skid Row album for that matter. At most, I played “18 And life” in a band in high school. Gonna have to throw that in my iTunes.
                                          I think you need to hear the debut. If that had been all they'd ever done, I'd still be raving about them all these years later. Bach's voice was so insane. At the time, I had a mate who called him Marshall Mouth.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            https://www.loadedradio.com/sebastia...ly-vaccinated/

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                              Zero people give a fuck about SR without him.
                                              The band was average, SB was/is amazing. This song alone - those screams are perfect. Everything about these vocals is perfect:

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                                Zero people give a fuck about SR without him.
                                                Ranking of widely recognizable members of Skid Row

                                                1) SB
                                                2) The Monkey from the Monkey Business video
                                                3) The rest of Skid Row

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  I saw him at Iridium in NYC years ago singing with Steve Stevens in a classic rock covers context. It was a bit of a one-off thing, I believe. He was fantastic and nailed every song. I gained a lot of respect for him after that show.

                                                  Don't know what his voice is like now, though.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X