Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Joey Jordison

Damn. At 46.

The report has his family saying he passed peacefully in his sleep of natural causes. I find that ingenuous, but, still, RIP

Woah. Way too young. RIP.

Comment

Very sad ☹️

Comment

Can't say I am really a Slipknot fan. But they had some killer songs and I heard nothing but good things about him.

God be with his family, friend's and fans.

Apparently he had some serious health conditions. Hence why he left Slipknot.

Comment

Natural causes, at 46? That doesn't sound right.

Regardless, not a Slipknot fan, but he was definitely a talented drummer, and sad to hear when someone dies young.

Comment

Legendary drummer. Not a lot of mainstream drummers bordering on extreme drummer kick drum BPMs, and he would do it with nearly full leg strokes which is inhuman.

Comment

RIP.​​​​​

If it was a brain anyeurism it's quite possible. A coworker died of one before he was 19 or 20.

Comment

Damn, that's 2 members that defected from Anal Blast to Slipknot that have died.

Comment

He said after he was booted from Slipknot that he had some serious health issues and the guys didn't believe him and tried saying he was fucked up or drinking. I thought he might have brought up the actual ailment but can't remember.

Regardless, he left his mark on the world and got to live out his dreams for a while. That's a lot more than can be said for most.
                  The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Damn, sad news. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post
                      He said after he was booted from Slipknot that he had some serious health issues and the guys didn't believe him and tried saying he was fucked up or drinking. I thought he might have brought up the actual ailment but can't remember.

Regardless, he left his mark on the world and got to live out his dreams for a while. That's a lot more than can be said for most.

According to this it was a form of multiple sclerosis.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articl...ipknot-drummer

Comment

Another bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by BornToLooze View Post

According to this it was a form of multiple sclerosis.

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articl...ipknot-drummer
                          Ah, gotcha. I guess I wouldn't peg that as "natural causes", but what do I know. Sad for sure though.

Comment

That's a shame. I've never considered myself a fan of Slipknot, but I do like a few of their albums, and I have to say that Joey had a really cool style as a drummer. Don't really know anything about him as a person, though, outside of his drumming.

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Ah, gotcha. I guess I wouldn't peg that as "natural causes", but what do I know. Sad for sure though.
                            Uh, what? If that's not "natural causes," then what is? Whenever I hear "natural causes," I hear that as "a disease." Even "dying of old age" is dying of a disease (oftentimes complications from multiple chronic conditions made worse by a weakening immune system and failing organs).

Comment

Joey was also one of the more talented members of Slipknot too, writing a lot of the riffs on their earlier albums. 46 is way too young.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Naren View Post
                                That's a shame. I've never considered myself a fan of Slipknot, but I do like a few of their albums, and I have to say that Joey had a really cool style as a drummer. Don't really know anything about him as a person, though, outside of his drumming.

Uh, what? If that's not "natural causes," then what is? Whenever I hear "natural causes," I hear that as "a disease." Even "dying of old age" is dying of a disease (oftentimes complications from multiple chronic conditions made worse by a weakening immune system and failing organs).

Ya, I don't know a whole lot about medical stuff, but I know multiple sclerosis is some bad shit.

I wasn't the biggest Slipknot fan, but I was still a core kid and you couldn't not like Slipknot. Joey was always one of those people that made me want to learn drums because as little as I know about drums, they sounded really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                                  Legendary drummer. Not a lot of mainstream drummers bordering on extreme drummer kick drum BPMs, and he would do it with nearly full leg strokes which is inhuman.

Love or hate the bands he's been in, he brought extreme metal drumming into the mainstream, at a time when it was practically dead. People usually concentrate on the guitar styles throughout certain metal eras (the return of the guitar solo after nu metal, for example) but he did the equivalent for drums. He was instrumental in changing the metal landscape going forward, for sure. Absolute beast. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Naren View Post

Natural causes, ie body shutting down from old age. Dying at 46 isn’t natural. Just always sounded weird to me when someone died abnormally young and it was deemed “natural causes “.

Anyway, no need to get your panties in a bunch. He died, it’s sad.

Comment

BBC News
                                      Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Yeah this is a damn shame. I hope he didn't suffer, transverse myelitis can take your life in some unpleasant ways. Such a freaking talent, and he brought extreme music to acceptance for a lot of people, me included.

Comment

Working...
                                        X