Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YouTuber "The Guitologist" Arrested for Terroristic Threats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    YouTuber "The Guitologist" Arrested for Terroristic Threats

    Some of you may be familiar with this guy



    Anyway he's been posting increasingly unhinged anti-vaccine/plandemic bullshit and it appears that it came to a head
    "Armed man charged after threatening JCPS superintendent over mask mandate"

    https://www.wave3.com/2021/07/14/arm...-mask-mandate/

    #2
    I did NOT have that on my Bingo card.

    Comment


      #3
      Man. He has been going off the deep end for a while. He used to be awesome, but crap he got crazy.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by beneharris View Post
        Man. He has been going off the deep end for a while. He used to be awesome, but crap he got crazy.
        My recollection is that he recently has been going through a divorce and/or custody thing, and that pushes a lotta dudes over the edge especially with the anti-establishment schtick.

        Comment


          #5
          Yeah, I can see that messing someone up. I hope he can get back on his feet.

          Comment


            #6
            His channel was always running ads for gun stuff lol. Like custom leather holsters and shit. Must have been getting deals lol

            Comment


              #7
              wellbye.jpg

              Comment


                #8
                I used to watch his channel about repairing amps and getting guitars from trash cans… Have not seen his videos in ages….

                Comment


                  #9
                  I hope he gets the mental health care he needs.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Maybe he should have a Black Friday sale?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Überschall View Post
                      I hope he gets the mental health care he needs.
                      Sounds like some socialism bullshit to me
                      :trump:

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I think the real question we should be asking is....can he play Holy Wars? I got you, fam- fast forward to 14:30...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Randy View Post

                          My recollection is that he recently has been going through a divorce and/or custody thing, and that pushes a lotta dudes over the edge especially with the anti-establishment schtick.
                          Quoted for truth. I don’t know what the dude’s going through, I’ve watched maybe a total of 10 minutes of his channel before, but considering I almost painted my bedroom walls with my brains last week over a marriage ending, I could certainly see how something like that could send someone spiraling. Christ, if I had a kid involved in any of this…well, that’s precisely why I have no interest in having kids. Ever. I just don’t want them to experience any bullshit I could possibly cause in their life.

                          Anywho, I won’t be surprised to see more YouTubers/influencers melting down. These aren’t TV shows with producers and directors making sure the final cut of a video is ‘good to go’ for the the rest of the world. It’s random people, some who probably should not or don’t have the tools necessary to handle the attention they end up getting and they’re just going for it. My wife tells me about the drama of the beauty influencers and it’s like half of them end up going batshit crazy because they can’t handle the attention/stress. Regular celebrities have a hard time with that shit and I get the idea a solo individual just doing their thing in front of a camera without anyone around to say, “Hey, ya might want to reign yourself in a bit here.” , will blow up in a lot of people’s faces eventually.

                          I know on the last Tone-Talk, Mark Huzansky was reading the comments and saw the Guitarologist was in there talking shit about point to point wiring vs wave soldering or something and how Friedman was trying to deceive people. Huzanksy didn’t even want to touch the subject and was clearly annoyed that he was in there trying to stir shit, Dave was like, “No, I want to know what he’s saying. IDGAF, let’s talk about it.”, then addressed whatever Guitarologist was trying to talk shit about and basically laughed him off. That’s some petty ass shit though. I know Friedman catches a lot of flak for whatever reasons, but why go in and stir shit during one of those shows? You’d think anyone interested in the tech-side of guitar shit would be down for that show rather than acting like a fucking child in the chat section, but….well, Guitarologist has always seemed like a dick.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Randy View Post

                            My recollection is that he recently has been going through a divorce and/or custody thing, and that pushes a lotta dudes over the edge especially with the anti-establishment schtick.
                            While I certainly sympathize with people going through such hard times, this guy was a piece of shit long before any of that happened.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jeff View Post

                              While I certainly sympathize with people going through such hard times, this guy was a piece of shit long before any of that happened.
                              Oh yeah to be clear I'm not making excuses for the guy, if anything it's the opposite. It's some feigned victim bullshit to go through divorce/custody battle and decide the takeaway is that the world is out to get you.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Dude was already special in the vids I watched, why I never watched more.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Day for day i feel more privileged to have no fucking clue about youtubers.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Randy View Post

                                    Oh yeah to be clear I'm not making excuses for the guy, if anything it's the opposite. It's some feigned victim bullshit to go through divorce/custody battle and decide the takeaway is that the world is out to get you.
                                    Oh yeah I know you weren’t.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      I'd heard this guy had gotten himself red pilled or whatever the fuck they say, and was going increasingly off the deep end. I guess this will slow the public face of his spiral.

                                      Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                      wellbye.jpg
                                      If this isn't Tombstone, we're no longer friends.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by petereanima View Post
                                        Day for day i feel more privileged to have no fucking clue about youtubers.
                                        Youtube is awesome, but you have to wade through a LOT of egotistical bullshit, too. The Park Tool Company bike maintanence videos are reason enough for the platform to exist, alone.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by petereanima View Post
                                          Day for day i feel more privileged to have no fucking clue about youtubers.
                                          Right? This is why I don't let my kids watch all the weird shit everyone shoves in front of their kids faces. I have no idea who these assholes are and neither do my sons, and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by Chris View Post

                                            Right? This is why I don't let my kids watch all the weird shit everyone shoves in front of their kids faces. I have no idea who these assholes are and neither do my sons, and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible.
                                            Fortunately my daughter is just old enough for this to have been easy, but I still curate.

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              :rig talk:

                                              The Rig Talk idiots started their own forum after the admins finally nuked the entire Off Topic section (not just the Politics section, the entire Off Topic section) and it lasted like two days before the company hosting their shitty free software pulled the whole thing due to the content of what they were saying.

                                              That said, expect to see a lot more of this.

                                              The Right Wing has normalized saying a lot of unacceptable things that are "terroristic threats". Idiots don't even realize how unacceptable they are because they are hiding behind,

                                              "IT"S NOT DOMESTIC TERRORISM OR EXTREMISM, IT'S CALLED PATRIOTISM"

                                              If you're surprised, you haven't been paying attention, like 90% of the Right Wings "EXTREME PATRIOTIC STATEMENTS" qualify as "terroristic threats". Comparatively, 100% qualify as "total bullshit".

                                              It's more surprising any form of consequences happened at all.

                                              I mean, did the dude say anything Tucker Carlson hasn't? His main mistake was not being high profile enough to be excused for his Right Wing idiocy.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by Drew View Post

                                                Youtube is awesome, but you have to wade through a LOT of egotistical bullshit, too. The Park Tool Company bike maintanence videos are reason enough for the platform to exist, alone.
                                                You misspelled COLD STEEL

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Greg McCoy View Post
                                                  I mean, did the dude say anything Tucker Carlson hasn't? His main mistake was not being high profile enough to be excused for his Right Wing idiocy.
                                                  Well, I mean, he aggressively ran after the guy and told him his life was over. Face to face. With a gun on him.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X