Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Officially unofficial new GOJIRA thread - more please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially unofficial new GOJIRA thread - more please!

Woke up with One Thing stuck in my head, which made me realize we hadn't recreated this thread...

And, for moar toan content:

Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Man, the new Gojira has been so damn good. I’m so pumped for the new album.

Comment

I noticed with the new single, it’s much more raw and less slick than their previous stuff. The drums sound like real drums that haven’t been sample-replaced with RBass all over the kick, the guitars aren’t layered to fuck and back and they’ve got slightly less distortion than previous albums. I love it! I’m curious if Josh Wilbur mixed this one as well. He’s been knocking it out of the park with mixes lately. As much as people might not dig Trivium around here, the first half of their newest album was sick, but the production is RIDICULOUS. The newest Lamb Of God sounds great as well, it’s just the songs that bored me.

Can’t wait for the rest of the album! Really, Gojira dethroned all the stuff I loved from the early 00’s, LoG, Killswitch, In Flames, etc. The last several albums from those bands have been pretty meh and just seem to want to repeat the same album....except In Flames, who just wants to piss off their old fans as much as possible.

Comment

I’m pretty sure Andy Wallace mixed the new album.
        https://www.iamtheowl.com/

Comment

I just wanted to add the video that got me into them, new forum/new start

"Slow Hand"

Comment

Originally posted by metalheadpunk View Post
            I’m pretty sure Andy Wallace mixed the new album.
            Oh fuck yes!!!! That’s got me even more excited than Wilbur!!!

That would also explain the lack of the modern/sampled-to-death sound of the single.

The last album Andy did that I really dug (brace yourselves) was Avenged Sevenfold’s last album. Same deal, no samples on the drums (if so, they’re used sparingly and tastefully) and the band was really adamant about it not ending up brickwalled. Granted, the mixer/mastering engineer have to rely on good tracks with enough headroom to start, I’m sure plenty of mixers have slammed all the channels and by the time the mastering engineer gets it, he’s got no room to push things. The mix on that album is outstanding.

Today’s turning out to be quite the good day.

Comment

Comment

Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Totally slept on Gojira until about a year ago and I haven't been able to stop listening to them or playing random riffs every time I pick up my guitar.

Comment

My fav Gojira song and the video is also magnificent.

Last edited by mpexus; 03-13-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X