Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eric Gales appreciation post

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Eric Gales appreciation post

    Since this dude never gets enough recognition.



    Last edited by noodles; 04-28-2021, 05:06 PM.

    #2
    Eric is awesome.

    Comment


      #3
      I’d rather listen to Hellyeah.

      Comment


        #4
        I remember hearing him years ago, back in the late 90’s/early 00’s probably, and not thinking much, but last week I watched a few clips and was really blown away. Either my tastes have changed enough and my head is far enough out of my ass that I’m recognizing it now, or he had a huge period of growth. I’m betting on the former.

        I need to get some of his music, for sure.

        Comment


          #5
          I posed this dude back on MG. Great stuff. Musically not my thing but talented as hell.

          Comment


            #6
            He's awesome! It still freaks me out that he plays the guitar upside down and doesn't flip the strings (Doyle Bramhall II does the same thing).

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Joel View Post
              He's awesome! It still freaks me out that he plays the guitar upside down and doesn't flip the strings (Doyle Bramhall II does the same thing).
              Charly Steinhauer from Paradox (German thrash Metal band) does the same. He plays with a right hand V just upside down.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by mpexus View Post

                Charly Steinhauer from Paradox (German thrash Metal band) does the same. He plays with a right hand V just upside down.
                Albert King was the beginning of that.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by noodles View Post

                  Albert King was the beginning of that.

                  How can they play like that is mind-blowing to me.

                  I have a friend from a very famous Portuguese Band that is a Right Handed guy but learned to play as if he was Left Handed, but he uses regular Left hand guitars.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by mpexus View Post

                    How can they play like that is mind-blowing to me.

                    I have a friend from a very famous Portuguese Band that is a Right Handed guy but learned to play as if he was Left Handed, but he uses regular Left hand guitars.
                    It's all a matter of how you learn, I supposed. It's not like moving our fingers in such a way to make chords and scales is natural to begin with.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Derp

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X