Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your pedalboard

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Post your pedalboard

    I'll start. The top is my old pedalboard that I built for use with my last band. It went through a few other incarnations using various gear, however the bottom pic is what I've condensed to currently. I'm still running a 4CM snake cable, but it's a simpler setup now that the FM3 does everything for me. The two button switch I built myself, first in a larger casing for my old rig, then I downsized it to a mini pedal for my new one.

    I still have a handful of effect pedals I use when recording, and I'm kicking around the idea of putting together an all-analog fly rig, but this is where I'm at now.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	VL_2021PB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	694.5 KB ID:	615
    Last edited by desertdweller; 02-25-2021, 04:16 PM.

    #2
    Man that's fucking tidy, mines a bloody mess I've had ages to sort it as well since we've not been gigging (for obvious reasons). What's the board you've got in the first pic, I've been thinking about getting a new one that I can better tidy the cables on.
    www.terra.band

    Comment


      #3
      About 5 or 6 years ago I went into the deep end on pedals. This is a completely self-contained amp and effects rig I built back then. The P2 was awesome because it wasn't just a distortion, but both a clean and lead preamp as it's never actually bypassed. I don't have any of these pedals anymore, but I definitely had a pedal addiction for awhile and this pic is proof. The acoustic sim and harmonizer were barely passable, but they were good enough live for sure.

      Click image for larger version  Name:	image_89.jpg Views:	4 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	623

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Ryan View Post
        Man that's fucking tidy, mines a bloody mess I've had ages to sort it as well since we've not been gigging (for obvious reasons). What's the board you've got in the first pic, I've been thinking about getting a new one that I can better tidy the cables on.
        It's a Rockboard with one of the modules in it. Here's another pic I have of it. i still have the board, module, and power supply, they're just up in a closet right now, saved for a future build.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	rockboard.jpeg
Views:	129
Size:	713.8 KB
ID:	626

        Comment


          #5
          Nice! Anyway, here's my horribly messy pedalboard.

          www.terra.band

          Comment


            #6
            Don't you just love the One Spot? They're relatively cheap and do the job so well.

            Comment


              #7
              Yeah, it's great for the price. I just wish I'd gone with the model up as I can't add any more pedals, and quite frankly I could do with some more delays.
              www.terra.band

              Comment


                #8

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Ryan View Post
                  Yeah, it's great for the price. I just wish I'd gone with the model up as I can't add any more pedals, and quite frankly I could do with some more delays.
                  You can daisy chain off of one plug to add pedals. Works really well with overdrives and wahs.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Here is my current live board. I need to dust it
                    https://www.iamtheowl.com/

                    Comment


                      #11
                      QClick image for larger version

Name:	8APxofaBnokUZ3Yv-5Rxi9YgqfyRW23_BO29SgjJoFPTHXfQrY0Rz4u2IIJhYckTKae7jYFLp7nCqNzWD6O3NoFjRgnNWLXvZfCP3oM68vNwz3lmSjTa_Y3OJ5hnzGT2FQJMjdHoeyooJ6eNuqGIC2eKojTRaIfC69rF5vpoAH-RyhjUjz3eNntNe5FeXwL1uur_YUUbak-I8cmuiL0oRqX2MylJ_JzScSShTZlZ4X3RDlvFJQUeocEOiUlO-8w
Views:	102
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	1652
                      O K T H E N

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	VS8qIYg.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	1671

                        SUP PEDAL BROS
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	B501F5F9-87D5-44C2-918C-A10008F97132.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1957 Oops, guess my pic didn't attach. Here it is
                          https://www.iamtheowl.com/

                          Comment


                            #14

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by desertdweller View Post

                              You can daisy chain off of one plug to add pedals. Works really well with overdrives and wahs.
                              Well, I guess I'll buy me some more pedals then!

                              Originally posted by metalheadpunk View Post
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	B501F5F9-87D5-44C2-918C-A10008F97132.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	1957 Oops, guess my pic didn't attach. Here it is

                              How do you find the DD-500 by the by? I'm a big fan of Boss delays but I'm kind of a luddite with anything outside of a stompbox so whilst I'm sure I'd love the sound of it, hows the GUI on it ? (I really can't stand twiddling about in menus on pedals )
                              Last edited by Ryan; 02-28-2021, 07:48 AM.
                              www.terra.band

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by metalheadpunk View Post
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	B501F5F9-87D5-44C2-918C-A10008F97132.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	1957 Oops, guess my pic didn't attach. Here it is
                                I think Ryan's question above is for you, my man! I don't have a DD-500. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the switcher actually. Any tone suck with it? The MS3 was great but had marginal tone suck when putting it in the effects loop. I found the HX Effects to be a bit better, though the MS3 was still very very good.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Whoops, don't know how I managed that
                                  www.terra.band

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    If any of you with messy wiring want to ship me your board, I'll cut all the cables to length and tidy them up. I'm actually asking you to because I'm getting anxiety looking at them!





                                    Just added the Fractal EV-1 a couple weeks ago. Zero audio runs through the board, I just run one XLR and Bob's your uncle.The Mission Engineering pedal is strictly for wah, the EV-1 is for everything else; volume, whammy, delay mix, etc, depends on the preset.
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	PB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	327.7 KB ID:	2245
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	PB2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	260.0 KB ID:	2246

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by desertdweller View Post

                                      I think Ryan's question above is for you, my man! I don't have a DD-500. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the switcher actually. Any tone suck with it? The MS3 was great but had marginal tone suck when putting it in the effects loop. I found the HX Effects to be a bit better, though the MS3 was still very very good.
                                      Ryan I love the DD-500, but it is kinda complex to navigate IMO. There is an editor app you can get that makes it a little easier. At this point I basically have 5 delays setup that work well for my band's set and just use those, I'm barely scratching the surface of what it can do.

                                      desertdweller The ES-8 is amazing. I don't notice any tone suck, but I don't have anything going through my loop at the moment. I used to, but I never got it working as well as I wanted to so I just simplified and put everything out front. It also switches my Road King and changes patches on the DD-500. I can basically make Axe-FX style patches using my pedalboard and amp - can't imagine playing live without it.
                                      https://www.iamtheowl.com/

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by metalheadpunk View Post
                                        I can basically make Axe-FX style patches using my pedalboard and amp - can't imagine playing live without it.
                                        metalheadpunk That's awesome. That's always how I've run my guitar rigs as well. I had a RJM Amp Gizmo for my triple rec back in the day, and I still run MIDI with everything, using a newer Mesa MIDI Matrix for my switching on my amps that don't have MIDI built-in.

                                        RevDrucifer Aren't those Fractal expression pedals awesome? Wah and Whammy effects are so much more natural with them than the old Ernie Ball volume pedals.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Originally posted by desertdweller View Post

                                          metalheadpunk That's awesome. That's always how I've run my guitar rigs as well. I had a RJM Amp Gizmo for my triple rec back in the day, and I still run MIDI with everything, using a newer Mesa MIDI Matrix for my switching on my amps that don't have MIDI built-in.

                                          RevDrucifer Aren't those Fractal expression pedals awesome? Wah and Whammy effects are so much more natural with them than the old Ernie Ball volume pedals.
                                          Yeah, man! I REALLY loved the EB volume pedals and until Fractal made the EV-1,I was going to mod one to use as an exp pedal. I had zero interest in other pedals for that stuff. I have to have a Crybaby-style enclosure for wah stuff, it just doesn't feel right with anything else. I'd hate to do volume swells on a Crybaby-style pedal, it's just not big enough to allow for a smooth transition. I'm a size 13 and really rely on that extra length. I was a bit surprised at how big the EV-1 was, but once I started using it, man...it's just so damn smooth.

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by metalheadpunk View Post

                                            Ryan I love the DD-500, but it is kinda complex to navigate IMO. There is an editor app you can get that makes it a little easier. At this point I basically have 5 delays setup that work well for my band's set and just use those, I'm barely scratching the surface of what it can do.
                                            That's my fear, it looks and sounds like a banging pedal, but I do like the simplicity of just turning a couple of knobs and being done with it. I'm a simple man.
                                            www.terra.band

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Since my board(s) are constantly changing, here's the 5 random rigs I've built over the years.


                                              Click image for larger version

Name:	40517774_2076582635719209_4793632614181240832_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=3&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=MJ11oD089C8AX8p1prK&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel8-1.fna&oh=839803f1502b31f9581bd7737b775d36&oe=60633C43.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	2499









                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by desertdweller View Post

                                                metalheadpunk That's awesome. That's always how I've run my guitar rigs as well. I had a RJM Amp Gizmo for my triple rec back in the day, and I still run MIDI with everything, using a newer Mesa MIDI Matrix for my switching on my amps that don't have MIDI built-in.

                                                RevDrucifer Aren't those Fractal expression pedals awesome? Wah and Whammy effects are so much more natural with them than the old Ernie Ball volume pedals.
                                                Oh yeah, I have a mini amp gizmo between the ES-8 and the Road King, should have mentioned that!
                                                https://www.iamtheowl.com/

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Pathetic.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X