• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip to 2:35 -

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller View Post
      Skip to 2:35 -
      Yeah these things may be a joke in terms of marketing but they are being used A LOT by people who could havevwhatever they wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post

Yeah these things may be a joke in terms of marketing but they are being used A LOT by people who could havevwhatever they wanted.
        I'm well beyond that kind of thing mattering to me. I've been playing long enough and using amps/modelers/etc long enough to know what I like. The list of guitarists that'll actually make me consider a piece of gear is pretty short these days, and I've never heard anyone say "Man I really want Kiko's tone".

I'm glad the dude is happy with his rig but his endorsement of it doesn't change my opinion on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

I'm well beyond that kind of thing mattering to me. I've been playing long enough and using amps/modelers/etc long enough to know what I like. The list of guitarists that'll actually make me consider a piece of gear is pretty short these days, and I've never heard anyone say "Man I really want Kiko's tone".

I'm glad the dude is happy with his rig but his endorsement of it doesn't change my opinion on it.
          Nor mine, it's just funny that there are 43 pages of it getting shat on here yet its everywhere.

That may be because neural are sending them to everyone for free, that doesn't seem unlikely.

It's also highly unlikely Dave is thinking "man that sounds like shit...oh well..."
          Last edited by Nick; 09-06-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Nor mine, it's just funny that there are 43 pages of it getting shat on here yet its everywhere.

That may be because neural are sending them to everyone for free, that doesn't seem unlikely.

It's also highly unlikely Dave is thinking "man that sounds like shit...oh well..."
            TO be fair, we are (almost) mostly shitting on the over the top djentfluencer marketing, and how it's heralded to make all of our Fractals and Kempers and Mesas and 5150s obsolete.

Which would be awesome - competition is good and I love new gear - if it actually did those things. But at this point it's a just mediocre sounding iPad with no plate reverb and an endless stream of Youtube-faced marketing videos of guys playing Demo Core who's job is telling me how wonderful it is.

Comment

TO be fair, we are (almost) mostly shitting on the over the top djentfluencer marketing, and how it's heralded to make all of our Fractals and Kempers and Mesas and 5150s obsolete.

Which would be awesome - competition is good and I love new gear - if it actually did those things. But at this point it's a just mediocre sounding iPad with no plate reverb and an endless stream of Youtube-faced marketing videos of guys playing Demo Core who's job is telling me how wonderful it is.
              Yeah I have no interest in buying one. I just think there's a really good chance it actually sounds great and their advertising strategy hasn't played any part in me thinking that.

Comment

Yeah I have no interest in buying one. I just think there's a really good chance it actually sounds great and their advertising strategy hasn't played any part in me thinking that.
                Let's be honest man - just about everything sounds good these days. Gone are the day of fizzy Pod XT Bean tone. I think the HD500 coming out was when everything started turning the corner towards "affordable" modeling technology really being available to everyone. I'm sure the QC sounds good, I've heard a ton of awesome demos of their plugins.

The hate here is because they came out of the gate priced as high as everything else with half the features, missing key components, over the top grandiose marketing and a sea of influencer plugs from all the usual suspects (Rabea, Pete Thorn, etc) who plug absolutely anything if there's a paycheck involved.

And then on top of it, the thing's breaking and falling apart on people who are using it at home. It kind of begs to be made fun of, no?

The whole time the golden-eared mobs at TGP have been on the waiting list for their Fractal Killer, I've been sitting here using my Axe-Fx, which sets the bar for sounding good, has a shitload more features, is reliable as hell and outperforms the QC in just about every metric except for the "am I stupid enough to run a 4 guitarist band through one piece of hardware" box, which I will concede Neural seems to have buttoned up.

Comment

Yeah all fair points, admittedly I have not kept up with this thread so if it's actually falling apart then fair enough

I'm surprised noone has edited that annoying nolly picture with the amp chassis all opened up to have one of these in bits in front of him...

Or did I miss that also?!

Comment

Kiko and Rabea are the only two I know of gigging qc's, as per this thread.

That definitely isnt "everywhere" .

Comment

Originally posted by Budda View Post
                      Kiko and Rabea are the only two I know of gigging qc's, as per this thread.

That definitely isnt "everywhere" .
                      Isahn is another, meshuggah, devildriver etc etc

I've just seen them in random videos not neural promos

Comment

Yeah I don’t think the thing will end up being a total piece of shit. It’s just everything around it; the company itself, the delays, the weird issues with it, and the YouTube demo people.

Comment

Are the only pros using it the ones who toss it in a rack and dont put it in harms way?

Comment

I've probably listened to 90 seconds total of QC "demo" video in my life. I just don't care about this thing.

I am, however, thoroughly enjoying shitting on it entirely because of their marketing campaign.

**stares intently at capacitors

Comment

I've not paid attention to this thing but the comments of people crying here are pretty funny;

Comment

Man there sure are a lot of professional nobodies in those comments, eh?

"The Kemper and Fractal are simply not high quality enough for me to mime djent videos for my 12 Youtube subscribers that I made with my pirated copy of Adobe After Effects."

Comment

The snippet of dumb and dumber at the start was superb👌👌

"where's all the updates?"

"those are IOUs, they're as good as updates"

Comment

OK, but who the fuck is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
                                      All I know is that he doesn't have a youtube face in the thumbnail, so he's my new favorite Youtuber.

Comment

OK, but he still looks like a total knobber sitting there in front of all his shit like Blub casually leaning against his supercar.

Does that sleeveless guy actually play, anyway? I didn't make it very far through his video.

Comment

Greg McCoy will back me up here. It's impossible to play fast with sleeves. Or brutally. Or in any metal way at all.

Sleeves are for bitches.

Comment

Is this some drag coefficient thing from road cycling? I went to the skate park on my BMX today and it did cross my mind that my shorts might have been too short. Not quite as short as Lemmy's when questioned by Scott Ian, but still, y'know, short. Oh well, unlike in that infamous PE lesson in junior school, there were no escapees. I found the Twitter profile of the only girl who saw at the time a year or two ago and suddenly no longer cared either way. :smoking:

Comment

Greg McCoy will back me up here. It's impossible to play fast with sleeves. Or brutally. Or in any metal way at all.

Sleeves are for bitches.
                                              I argee. II'e done it live, and I'm not a fan. Rolling up your sleeves or wearing sleeves that can rest up your forearm a bit works too. Any sleeve that hits your wrist is going to be covered in sweat halfway through a set.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
                                                didn’t you watch the video bruv? He is a professional. Says it right there in the video.

I actually have one of his Kemper packs - Mesa badlander. It’s good if you like thin scratchy recto tones with all the low end girth dialled out and not enough gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post

didn’t you watch the video bruv? He is a professional. Says it right there in the video.

I actually have one of his Kemper packs - Mesa badlander. It’s good if you like thin scratchy recto tones with all the low end girth dialled out and not enough gain.
                                                  my issue with a lot of Kemper packs i buy: they're made by cowards afraid of their gain knob.

Comment

Originally posted by thrashinbatman View Post

my issue with a lot of Kemper packs i buy: they're made by cowards afraid of their gain knob.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X