No announcement yet.

Neural Quad Cortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you know, Todd's an exceedingly nice guy so you have to read between the lines a bit with him generally.

I haven't watched the whole thing but as far as the synopsis:

- UI is very good and accessible. Easy for newbies and relieving for experienced modeling folks.

- Profiling technology seems spot on

- Huge huge gaps in missing effects types, models and parameters. Feels half done in that respect or even less.

- Amp and effects modeling don't appear to be even in the same universe as the modeling engine they use in the plugins. Not even remotely similar.

- Not a game changer. It does some things well but if you're coming from any other major modeler, other than maybe the user friendly UI, nothing that happens when you plug into it jumps out as better than what's already on the market. It's just another option not a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by Budda View Post
      Coles notes for us on mobile at work?
      Easy to use, profiling decent, modeler tones not even as good as their plugins, missing a lot of effects. Underwhelmed.

Comment

Appreciate it, gents!

Comment

Originally posted by Budda View Post
          Appreciate it, gents!
          Basically, JBAFM3, or if you’re cheap like me, JBAHXSTOMP.

Comment

JBANANYTHINGELSE

Comment

I'm a bit confused why running the plugins on this thing wasn't like top priority from the beginning. Could have been cool to be able to transfer settings and so on from the plugin to the unit.

I've been thinking that it could even have been a sensible business model to make a cheaper unit that runs the plugins, but with a limited selection of amps models from the factory. Then they would make money on selling the plugins instead, selling artist/influencer model packs to their fans.

The way it's gone now, it sort of feels like they've tried to do way too many things at once - without the resources to really do anything really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
                I'm a bit confused why running the plugins on this thing wasn't like top priority from the beginning. Could have been cool to be able to transfer settings and so on from the plugin to the unit.

I've been thinking that it could even have been a sensible business model to make a cheaper unit that runs the plugins, but with a limited selection of amps models from the factory. Then they would make money on selling the plugins instead, selling artist/influencer model packs to their fans.

The way it's gone now, it sort of feels like they've tried to do way too many things at once - without the resources to really do anything really well.
                Fwiw, plugins on the QC was a promise at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Fwiw, plugins on the QC was a promise at launch.
                  I feel like all the people giving it a pass are happily ignoring this *checks notes* key point.

Comment

All I know is that I can't play that sweet flanger part on Unchain The Night with this thing so it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      All I know is that I can't play that sweet flanger part on Unchain The Night with this thing so it sucks.
                      As Cinderella once said “don’t know whatcha got, til it’s gone”.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

As Cinderella once said “don’t know whatcha got, til it’s gone”.
                        They also - even more famously - said "The cook is never tired."

Comment

They also - even more famously - said "The cook is never tired."

what the hell is that? Never saw that before!

Comment

They also clearly saw through ndsps marketing bullshit.

Comment

what the hell is that? Never saw that before!
                              Two locations, sir. Rockin' all nooooiiiiight.

Comment

Guy dropped the price on that Pats Dogs guitar pretty steep before it sold, I'm kinda bummed I wasn't in the hunt at the time

Comment

Now I have Cinderella screaming about Pat's Chilli Dogs stuck in my head. Fuck you Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
                                    Now I have Cinderella screaming about Pat's Chilli Dogs stuck in my head. Fuck you Chris.
                                    Don't hate on me because the steamer's always fiiii-yuuuuhd.

Comment

Don't hate on me because the steamer's always fiiii-yuuuuhd.

Comment

This thread is now about Pat's Dawgs.

Comment

why the fuck is it so catchy? it's barely anything of a song, but it's stuck in my head!

Comment

Originally posted by thrashinbatman View Post
                                            why the fuck is it so catchy? it's barely anything of a song, but it's stuck in my head!
                                            Because the cook is never tired, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                                              This thread is now about Pat's Dawgs.
                                              This forum has always been about Pat's Dawgs. Get wit da program!

Comment

Pat's Dawgs are the purest distillation of the hot dog experience.

Comment

I'm more of a bratwurst guy. Do they sing about that too?

Comment

I'm more of a bratwurst guy. Do they sing about that too?
                                                    Rammstein has you covered

Too short, too tall Doesn't matter, one size fits all
                                                    Zu groß, zu klein
                                                    Der Schlagbaum sollte oben sein
                                                    Schönes Fräulein, Lust auf mehr
                                                    Blitzkrieg mit dem Fleischgewehr
                                                    Schnaps im Kopf, du holde Braut
                                                    Steck Bratwurst in dein Sauerkraut

Comment

Working...
                                                    X