Synergy now has my attention, a Fryette-designed IIC+ preamp module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Ola's stuff is awesome because he's honest, and because he's a great musician. He actually plays in bands, his bands (especially Feared) kick fucking ass, he tours, he rips it up live, and is a professional guitar player who just happens to be a great Youtuber too. Also his nipples taste like buttermilk.

at this point if you're a gearfluencer and you don't play in a band i reject you outright. exception to Sammy G who is less gearfluencer and more music instructor, and is generally a cool guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami View Post
      I think Bruce Egnater designs the synergy models, not Friedman.
      Correct, but Friedman is heavily involved, as all IP belongs to BAD now.

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller View Post
        One thing I really hate about the influencer thing is that I watched Leon’s video for this yesterday, and now 20 other YouTubers are in my feed with this. I think Synergy sent this to basically anyone that plays guitar on YouTube and has more than 2000 followers. I love gear and I love brands making money, but some of these guys have never played a Mark amp, they really cannot dial this thing in and it shows.
        Truth. While I haven’t seen any other vids of the Mark yet, just in general, there’s a lot of guys with good followings that really blows my mind. There’s two guys in particular I’m thinking of, Phil McKnight? And one other….they don’t seem like guitar players to me, just dudes who found a niche talking about guitars.

And well, we’ve had our own wannabe influencer on this forum, who is a perfect example of why the influencer thing is just foul.
        The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
          Oh dangit. Do you have to have their power amp to use these? It doesn't look like they have a traditional output. That is slightly less exciting.
          pick up an old randall rm100. Gert the midi board mod kit from yuneo.de, this is a midi board replacement, and 3 wires you solder to the individual slots to give you the synergy 2 channels per module.

Then, revel in having a head that'll take 3 synergy modules, and is misi programmable.

Which means it becomes a 6, yes, 6 channel amp.

Oh, and the rm100s will take damn near any valve in their power section too. It's a pretty awesome amp.

Hard to beat going down that route.

Comment

Also, John Browne is a sick guitarist. He's known for his rhythm chops, but dude can shred as well. Riffhard seems really djenty, but if you get into it, it is an excellent site for your chops, with excercises that are tough at speed. If you're into tight as fuck rhythm playing, it's a good one to go to and nab a load of stuff off. Only thing that gets me is that he's done everything in his weird tuning as opposed to standard, but that's mainly if you want to play the moniuments stuff really, all the othjer excercises are worth it, and you can always transpose shit, it's more about the how rather than licks

Comment

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post

pick up an old randall rm100. Gert the midi board mod kit from yuneo.de, this is a midi board replacement, and 3 wires you solder to the individual slots to give you the synergy 2 channels per module.

Then, revel in having a head that'll take 3 synergy modules, and is misi programmable.

Which means it becomes a 6, yes, 6 channel amp.

Oh, and the rm100s will take damn near any valve in their power section too. It's a pretty awesome amp.

Hard to beat going down that route.
              I'll have to look into that. The more videos I'm watching about these the more excited I am getting. Those RM100s are cheap, too.

Comment

I'd just about argue John Browne (Monuments) is the most technically gifted Metal rhythm player of all time.

He writes some crazy outside of the box riffs that aren't just chugs and etc.

I mean... He did do his homework.

His down-picking is stupid good.

Comment

Ola killing it as usual:

Comment

Yep, that sounds fantastic.

Edit: Except for whatever is going on around the 10:00 mark.

Comment

John Browne is also one of the most genuinely nice guys around.

Comment

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post

Dammit! I wish I'd known about that when Guitar Guitar were knocking out NOS of the Randalls about a year ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Astrocreep View Post

Dammit! I wish I'd known about that when Guitar Guitar were knocking out NOS of the Randalls about a year ago!
                          They pop up on ebay every so often for about £300 if you keep an eye out.
                          Last edited by Adam; 11-17-2021, 04:37 PM. Reason: Fucking spell check.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post

They pop up on ebay every so far ftwn for. About £300 if you kwwp an eye out.
                            yup, searches saved yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

That's every single brand these days. Nothing is genuine anymore, it's all paid promotion and demo core.
                              Tim Pierce did a great video on the FM9 last week and lost a few followers on TGP because “all he does is sell guitars for PRS and units for Fractal now”.
                              The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller View Post
                                Ola killing it as usual:

Finally somebody that knows how to dial an amp in.

The EQ seems off but pretty accurate otherwise when dialled in right.

Comment

I'm by no means an effects loop pro, so bear with me here. Could a guy grab one of these, run it and an MXR 10 band in a loop? I'd assume just run the send to this, the out on it to the in on the MXR, then the out on the MXR to the return, right? Wondering what that would sound like in my JCA50.
                                  Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Originally posted by Iron1 View Post
                                    I'm by no means an effects loop pro, so bear with me here. Could a guy grab one of these, run it and an MXR 10 band in a loop? I'd assume just run the send to this, the out on it to the in on the MXR, then the out on the MXR to the return, right? Wondering what that would sound like in my JCA50.
                                    The module itself isn't fully capable of accepting a normal 1/4" connection, so you'd need some more of their gear to insert it into your setup. Though, you could absolutely run their preamp housing's output connection into your JCA50's fx loop Return.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lespauled View Post
                                        The Synergy system is amazing. It's like the next generation of the Egnater/Randall module system. But the Synergy are much more than the original versions. I might have to give this module a shot.
                                        I had the George Lynch head and it was good, not amazing, but the guy I bought it from had done unknown mods to the preamps. I couldn't quite get it sounding how I wanted and ended up trading it for a 5150. I kind of wish I'd kept it and picked up some preamps that were a better fit for me. Then I could just get a desktop shell and have the best of both worlds. Plus it was green alligator skin with gold hardware, and looked awesome.

Comment

Someone really needs to get the BHP dude on here so we can:

- Welcome him by applauding his clean playing and great kemper profiles.
                                          - Once that's out of the way, shit on his fucking awful, inexcusable bitchpicking.

Seriously. This makes Lucas look like James Hetfield.

Comment

1) Sweet, I'll just keep my Studio Pre

2) I really don't like how he's got it dialed in, it's very sterile sounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post

2) I really don't like how he's got it dialed in, it's very sterile sounding.
                                              I've kind of found that he doesn't tend to dial in the best tones in the world. I've never been wowed by him.

The only person I've seen dial in a worse tone so far on the IICP is Fluff.

Comment

I've kind of found that he doesn't tend to dial in the best tones in the world. I've never been wowed by him.

The only person I've seen dial in a worse tone so far on the IICP is Fluff.

I mean, to be fair, it took me maybe two months to get it right, and that was after years of owning and operating a Recto

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post

I mean, to be fair, it took me maybe two months to get it right, and that was after years of owning and operating a Recto
                                                  Yeah, but you're not trying to make money showing everybody what it looks like

I mean, I get it, he had to get the video out the same time as everybody. Social Blade says he has made between $4 and $32 from that video, so maybe I'm being a little hard on him

Comment

Social Blade says he has made between $4 and $32 from that video...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X