Synergy now has my attention, a Fryette-designed IIC+ preamp module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synergy now has my attention, a Fryette-designed IIC+ preamp module

Leon Todd absolutely crushing it as always, and MAN does that thing sound legit.

Nice.

Comment

That does sound killer. If you get one DDweller, I'll gladly keep your Badlander company while you love on this for a few years.
      Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Originally posted by Iron1 View Post

That does sound killer. If you get one DDweller, I'll gladly keep your Badlander company while you love on this for a few years.
        I think I have enough classic mark sounds to go around right now, but considering how the market for the Studio Pre has shifted so much in the past year, this opens up the ability for anyone to get that real classic Mark sound at a seriously awesome price. With Mesa not making any stand-alone guitar preamps right now, this fits a market niche IMO.

Comment

Well heck, at $400 some of their other preamps might be worth looking at. I had never heard of these guys.

Comment

After listening a bit, it seems to have less gain than what a Mark circuit would, but man does it sound awesome.

Comment

Oh dangit. Do you have to have their power amp to use these? It doesn't look like they have a traditional output. That is slightly less exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
                Oh dangit. Do you have to have their power amp to use these? It doesn't look like they have a traditional output. That is slightly less exciting.
                You can get a desktop module or an old randall rm head etc

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
                  You can get the desktop module or you can get the rackmount or head version and run two of them. I love stand-alone preamps, they hold a place in my heart so to speak. Having this on my desktop, running it through a power amp or power amp sim and recording with it just sounds like fun.

Comment

Maybe I'm stupid but I don't see how to order that. I'm not going to, so don't waste too much time on it

Comment

I've said it before, the synergy stuff looks amazing, but getting into the eco system is such an expensive ball ache.

Comment

The Synergy system is amazing. It's like the next generation of the Egnater/Randall module system. But the Synergy are much more than the original versions. I might have to give this module a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          I've said it before, the synergy stuff looks amazing, but getting into the eco system is such an expensive ball ache.
                          I agree. I like that this will run on the old Randalls, I've always wanted one of those. But if you're starting out the price gets dangerously close to just owning one of those amps. The desktop module still requires a power amp it seems.

Comment

God dammit I am really going to end up impulse-ing one of those Synergy chassis, and it's going to lead to financial ruin buying all of their modules.

I love this dude's stuff. Great playing, great production, minimal bullshit and cool Aussie accent. Need to have him and Ola collab on something.

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller View Post

You can get the desktop module or you can get the rackmount or head version and run two of them. I love stand-alone preamps, they hold a place in my heart so to speak. Having this on my desktop, running it through a power amp or power amp sim and recording with it just sounds like fun.
                              I'm with Vince. I love full amps but standalone preamps are the goods because you can mix/match your own power section. I have a 2:90 (6L6) and a 20/20 (EL34) along with a really great sounding solid state ART preamp. When I have time to fiddle it's always cool to run my Traixis/fractals/kemper/etc into the different power sections, it's minimal fiddling for lots of great gear geekery.

Comment

If their combo was closer to a grand it would be impulse worthy.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...nel-tube-combo

$1500 is steep though. I'm not saying it's too expensive, it's just outside of the impulse zone.

Comment

F.

I have an 8U rack dedicated to doing what this module and their Savage module could do in 1U

Comment

I shared this on the Discord earlier today and yes. This thing is fucking awesome. I am sooo tempted to grab one of their chassis one day.
                                    Leon Today at 7:59 PM: Ripping farts is heaven

Comment

Is it though? I mean, yeah if you're getting their $1200 power amp or headshell or want to run two modules in their $800 rack tray, sure. Let's say you just want a preamp, you start with the 1 unit shell for $500:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ne-module-slot

Then it's $399 for the actual preamp:
                                      https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-preamp-module

So for $900, you have a brand new IIC+ preamp with a cab sim and FX loop. Want a Fryette Deliverance to go with it? $399. Want a Plexi? $399. Want a Friedman BE? $399. Once you have the shell, the modules are really inexpensive and incredible bang for your buck.

Comment

I've considered getting into the Synergy ecosystem to run through my ADA Ampulator and have an analog amp for DI recording.

Pretty much an impulse buy for me too, however.

Comment

The Synergy stuff is just so GAS inducing. The absolute gear whore in me had to research it and you can in fact link 2 of the rack chassis' together, or 3, or 4, etc.

Of course these things made the Randall RM4 just in price and be even more hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller View Post

Is it though? I mean, yeah if you're getting their $1200 power amp or headshell or want to run two modules in their $800 rack tray, sure. Let's say you just want a preamp, you start with the 1 unit shell for $500:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ne-module-slot

Then it's $399 for the actual preamp:
                                            https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-preamp-module

So for $900, you have a brand new IIC+ preamp with a cab sim and FX loop. Want a Fryette Deliverance to go with it? $399. Want a Plexi? $399. Want a Friedman BE? $399. Once you have the shell, the modules are really inexpensive and incredible bang for your buck.
                                            I too have done these exact justification gymnastics.

Comment

Me too. I'd probably want something like the fryette ones.

But then I could buy a gdpi which is £850, with deliverance, pitbull tones in and a comes with a little tube power amp for running it standalone into a cab, or line out to a bigger PA or IR loader.

I think they should do a package deal. A 1 unit shell with module of choice for ~650.

Sold.

Comment

I think they should do a package deal. A 1 unit shell with module of choice for ~650.

Sold.
                                                I'd be 100% in on this.

Comment

If I weren't such a Fractal junkie, this would 100% be the way I'd go. I almost considered them right before I bought my III, it was shortly after Vai started using them and there's still a little fanboyism towards him from me, but ultimately, the 15 years I went wanting an AxeFX took precedence. These things always sound great.
                                                  The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X