• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your suggestion on a small combo for a decent clean sound

Go.....

JC-22: Jazz Chorus Guitar Amplifier - Legendary Tone for Your Home

Comment

^ Yeah, I guess the JC's are pretty much the gold standard for clean tones.

If you want an amp that can also do decent metal tones, a Tech 21 TM30 should have pretty good cleans.

Comment

Not everyone likes a JC clean but definitely worth noting.

How close is l&m to you, Vova? Try the latest generation fender mustang 30W, you may like the cleans a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
          ^ Yeah, I guess the JC's are pretty much the gold standard for clean tones.

If you want an amp that can also do decent metal tones, a Tech 21 TM30 should have pretty good cleans.
          Drew has one of those TM30s and I've played through it a bunch. Great little amp.

Comment

The new Orange Super Crush 100 have really good cleans. I quite like the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for cleans also.
            O K T H E N

Comment

Yamaha THR? Boss Katana?

Comment

Originally posted by Budda View Post
                Not everyone likes a JC clean but definitely worth noting.

How close is l&m to you, Vova? Try the latest generation fender mustang 30W, you may like the cleans a lot.
                They are in town. I thought of buying a used one off hands. But you're right, it doesn't hurt to check it out. That is the one with an interface built in?

Originally posted by playstopause View Post
                Yamaha THR? Boss Katana?
                THR looks neat. Just not sure whether the small speaker size will do it for me. Katana looks to be a bit out of budget.

Comment

Yeah its got knobs that rotate fx and amps, plus eq gain and volume.

Comment

Originally posted by yevetz View Post
                    THR looks neat. Just not sure whether the small speaker size will do it for me. Katana looks to be a bit out of budget.
                    What's your budget like? There's several versions of that amp, or you could find one used.

Comment

What scole said.

Comment

I mean, it has the great sound lineage, stereo inputs and an effects loop..

Comment

Originally posted by playstopause View Post

What's your budget like? There's several versions of that amp, or you could find one used.
                          I thought about a used one under $200. But in general, as less as possible, I am helping someone with an important fundraiser so there is not a lot of free cash now.

Comment

Working...
                          X