Clear All

New amps* day!

*Some assembly required
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210924_121934233.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	4.27 MB
ID:	27773
    Got a VH4, Jose Cali and a SLO PCB set. Other PCBs are 3 effects loops and a MIDI switching board. Not sure when I'm going to build them as transformers and shit are expensive.

Was thinking of building them in rack enclosures since my wood working ability is non existent, bit the VH4 board is too wide.

Name:	PXL_20210924_122404989.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	27774

Yes!

Comment

Can't wait.

Should have let me know you were planning an slo I designed a universal 2ch high gain amp board not so long back that could be a SLO.

Comment

Well I grabbed the SLO PCBs just because they were $20 and I was getting some other shit from that store anyways. That's something I'd want to throw in the rack, make a Rack Lead Overdrive.

I'll finish the Anvil first though, see how I like that kind of sound.

Comment

This RULES.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
            Well I grabbed the SLO PCBs just because they were $20 and I was getting some other shit from that store anyways. That's something I'd want to throw in the rack, make a Rack Lead Overdrive.

I'll finish the Anvil first though, see how I like that kind of sound.
            The SLO & X88R are a bit different sounding.

With the anvil it's changed even further but if you look up the high gain valve preamp on Andy zeugs site that's closer to the SLO and iirc is only a few parts different.

Good luck finding a chassis for the Vh4 build.

Comment

Lawd!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post

The SLO & X88R are a bit different sounding.

With the anvil it's changed even further but if you look up the high gain valve preamp on Andy zeugs site that's closer to the SLO and iirc is only a few parts different.

Good luck finding a chassis for the Vh4 build.
                I know some automotive dudes so maybe they know someone who can bend/weld a steel chassis for me. Drilling will be a bitch, even with my new drill press, but I think I should be able to make it work. I figure steel is the way to go with the beefy transformers it will need.

Comment

I know some automotive dudes so maybe they know someone who can bend/weld a steel chassis for me. Drilling will be a bitch, even with my new drill press, but I think I should be able to make it work. I figure steel is the way to go with the beefy transformers it will need.
                  I took a welding class at a local vocational high school a few years back and it was fun as fucking hell. They rent their metal shop out for like 20 bucks for a few hours or something similarly cheap. Might be worth looking into.

Comment

Iirc its just pretty much a standard jcm800 set with an additional winding for relays. That is of course unless you go 4xkt88 or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post

Iirc its just pretty much a standard jcm800 set with an additional winding for relays. That is of course unless you go 4xkt88 or something.
                      (Go 4x kt88)

Comment

Did you say 4? Better make it 8.

Comment

Did you say 4? Better make it 8.
                          Put a grill and drip tray in the top of the headshell and get rewarded with bacon for playing!

Comment

It looks like you may be able to cut that PCB about riiiiiiiiight there, and only have minimal extra work to wire-up the cut traces?

Name:	image_2070.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	27813

Comment

I'd have to look on the other side, PCB is double sided, see how much goes through there on that side.

Comment

These are hipster-y times. You could have posted a "New Deconstructed Amps Day" thread.

Comment

That's cool as fuck! The Jose Cali I'm particularly interested in hearing when it's done!
                                  The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Working...
                                  X