• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF9C3B82-DDE6-4D8B-B50E-2C6B57999D1D.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	25966

Comment

A more accurate picture would the FM9 drowning and an infant with a poopy diaper in my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        A more accurate picture would the FM9 drowning and an infant with a poopy diaper in my hands.

Comment

The cool thing about trying out all the factory presets this time around is that I've got something more than the Evolutions to play them through. My first go through my III and I hated 90% of what I heard from the factory presets. I plugged my SE into it and man, I'm not taking them out until I join a band and have to dial the thing in based around a cover set. I tried a few of them when they were updated after Cygnus, but really, having the right guitar/pickups to play into those makes a word of difference.

Now that I know better than to load in entire IR packs, I can keep the user slots curated with shit that I dig, instead of an endless list of them to scroll through when dialing shit in. I'm anxious to start programming this thing to work exactly how I want in a live situation. I haven't even really thought about the layouts much yet, And I forgot to order the expression pedals for it like a dumbass, so I've got a wait a few days before those show up before I can really start programming it.
          The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

**twitch**

Comment

**twitch**

Comment

**twitch**
                Just for you, baby.

I ordered extra so when these eventually fall off, I can put new ones on.

Name:	IMG_8093.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	27733
                The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

Comment

Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post

The cool thing about trying out all the factory presets this time around is that I've got something more than the Evolutions to play them through. My first go through my III and I hated 90% of what I heard from the factory presets. I plugged my SE into it and man, I'm not taking them out until I join a band and have to dial the thing in based around a cover set. I tried a few of them when they were updated after Cygnus, but really, having the right guitar/pickups to play into those makes a word of difference.

Now that I know better than to load in entire IR packs, I can keep the user slots curated with shit that I dig, instead of an endless list of them to scroll through when dialing shit in. I'm anxious to start programming this thing to work exactly how I want in a live situation. I haven't even really thought about the layouts much yet, And I forgot to order the expression pedals for it like a dumbass, so I've got a wait a few days before those show up before I can really start programming it.
                  Nice! When did you get on the list on that day? I’m on at 1pm central.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Nice! When did you get on the list on that day? I’m on at 1pm central.
                    1:24PM Est, I think the last invite that went out was 1:37PM, well, as far as forum members go anyway. I think sometimes people forget not everyone buying Fractal products posts on their forum.

The OMG9 layout is perfect for live use. I never really paid attention to it because I just had an FC6 for my III, so I had no clue what that layout did. The one limiting factor of my III setup is that it isn't as jam/improv friendly as I like, but having Scenes, Presets, Tap right on the same page while still having enough room for individual effects to use stompbox style is perfect.

And the Tucana preset with this PRS is fucking ridiculous. Budda have you tried that preset with your guitars? It's factory preset 35 (I would imagine it's the same in the III as it is this....mine are all deleted in my III or I'd check)

Comment

Just for you, baby.

I ordered extra so when these eventually fall off, I can put new ones on.

Name:	IMG_8093.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	27733

Comment

Ha!

So I ordered an EV-1 last week.....go to sign for it today, look down and see an FM9 box. I thought, "Maybe they ran out of boxes and just packed it in this?" I picked it up and nope, definitely not an EV-1 in there!

I open the box and my invoice for the EV-1 was in it, but there was a brand new FM9 chilling underneath it. My first thought is some guy right now is opening a small box with an EV-1 going "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FM9?!?!?!" and I'd be really fucking bummed if that were me, so I reached out to Fractal to ask how they want to handle this and am waiting on the reply.

I mean, it'd be cool if they hooked me up with a free one for all the fanboysim, but I highly doubt that's the case.

Had to snap a pic of the one time I'd have two FM9's in my possession at the same time-

Name:	DualFM9's.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	28104
                        Last edited by RevDrucifer; 09-28-2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Ha!

So I ordered an EV-1 last week.....go to sign for it today, look down and see an FM9 box. I thought, "Maybe they ran out of boxes and just packed it in this?" I picked it up and nope, definitely not an EV-1 in there!

I open the box and my invoice for the EV-1 was in it, but there was a brand new FM9 chilling underneath it. My first thought is some guy right now is opening a small box with an EV-1 going "WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FM9?!?!?!" and I'd be really fucking bummed if that were me, so I reached out to Fractal to ask how they want to handle this and am waiting on the reply.

I mean, it'd be cool if they hooked me up with a free one for all the fanboysim, but I highly doubt that's the case.

Had to snap a pic of the one time I'd have two FM9's in my possession at the same time-

My address and an I.O.U. for a handy and a steak dinner are in your PM's.

Comment

Ha!

Do me a solid and peel the plastic off that extra one. Just in case.

Comment

Comment

Curious to hear what happened!

Comment

RevDrucifer I'm ordering an expression pedal right now

Good on you to report the mix-up. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller View Post
                                    RevDrucifer I'm ordering an expression pedal right now

Good on you to report the mix-up. Let us know how it goes!
                                    Getting my III was more than just buying a piece of gear for me, it was more of a “Hey dude, you got your shit together enough to start affording the things you want in life.”. I would have been fucking heartbroken if something went wrong and I didn’t get it. I very much believe in karma (see sig) and treating people precisely how I want to be treated, I’d rather break a mirror, walk under a ladder, step on every crack of a sidewalk and adopt 20 black cats to walk in front of me every 5 minutes before doing something stupid like thinking I could take ownership of something sent to me by mistake.

Comment

This happened to a chum of mine. He ordered a Kemper switcher and got the full Stage model. (I wrote Floor model before I checked, it looked really wrong with the capital letter, not that I think he'd object to unwrapping Ms. Jansen, either...)

Comment

Originally posted by Budda View Post
                                        Curious to hear what happened!
                                        Just a mix up somewhere along the way, I suppose. I sent it back and they had my EV-1 here in a couple days, along with some shirts and stickers for being honest about it. I'm way too much of a believer in karma to even contemplate anything but giving it back.

Comment

Comment

SO what are you guys doing for screen protection? The new Ceba screen protectors are just too large IMO on the FM9, are you just keeping the plastic protector on?

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller View Post
                                              , are you just keeping the plastic protector on?

Yeah please let me know which of you are doing this so I can banish you all to /7/ where you belong.

Comment

Hell yeah.

Name:	20211013_115158-01.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	29438

Comment

How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by beneharris View Post
                                                    How do you like it?
                                                    I mean, I loved the FM3 so this sounds just as good

What I really like is how the DSP is used. I imported a bunch of my presets, and it seems when I add delay, reverb, or an extra amp block, it does not increase DSP %. Adding other effects does, but adding those three really doesn't add much if anything to CPU%. Adding Plex Delay, or MultiTap delay seems to increase CPU load though. I had heard the delay and reverb were on their own separate DSP, I'm not sure how true that is, but I'm liking how it's set up so far.

Do you guys know how to change the button color on a per-preset basis? I can get it to change the button colors globally, but I'm finding it more difficult to set it up per-preset.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X