Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fractal Audio FM9

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Fractal Audio FM9

    Announcement thread:



    Click image for larger version

Name:	Fractal-Audio-FM9-Photos.png
Views:	755
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	24415
    All: we are very pleased to announce the latest member of our product family, the new FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor. The FM9 is a nine-switch floor unit...

    #2
    Originally posted by Cliff
    It has twice the DSP cores of an FM3. Four SHARC+ DSP cores. So it has about twice the processing power.
    Originally posted by Fractal forum dude
    2 reverb blocks, 2 amp blocks in the FM9.
    $1599

    Comment


      #3
      Damnit I just bought an FM3 like 2 months ago

      Comment


        #4
        I didn’t even read the specs before jumping on the waitlist. I assumed up front it was going to be more powerful than the FM3 and not just be an FM3 with 6 more buttons. Might have to hold off on building up a collection of Solar’s, but now I can keep my III racked at home and use this for live use.

        Can’t wait!
        The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

        Comment


          #5
          Do I keep my III or switch to this, decisions...

          Comment


            #6
            i'm sorry, just a video of a guy playing? where's the pensive staring? the fancy photo filters? where is the purest distillation?



            ...i bet this will come stock with a plate reverb.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post
              I didn’t even read the specs before jumping on the waitlist. I assumed up front it was going to be more powerful than the FM3 and not just be an FM3 with 6 more buttons. Might have to hold off on building up a collection of Solar’s, but now I can keep my III racked at home and use this for live use.

              Can’t wait!
              Sounds like it has roughly twice the processing power of the FM3.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Chris View Post



                $1599
                Holy shit that’s a good price.
                Leon Today at 7:59 PM: Ripping farts is heaven

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by beneharris View Post
                  Damnit I just bought an FM3 like 2 months ago
                  Same!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    There it is. Absolute perfection. The FM3 needed a few more switches and a bit more DSP, and I really didn’t want to go with a full rack AxeFX.

                    Comment


                      #11
                       

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Neural DSP right about now…

                        Comment


                          #13
                          HOLD THE PRESSES.

                          Has anyone checked if the FM9 has plate reverb?

                          Or do we just, you know, assume it does because Fractal is run by a competent team of engineers? Just checking.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Or the flanger.

                            Anyways, if there's a YouTuber to trust about Fractal stuff, this is the guy...

                             

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              HOLD THE PRESSES.

                              Has anyone checked if the FM9 has plate reverb?

                              Or do we just, you know, assume it does because Fractal is run by a competent team of engineers? Just checking.
                              Gonna steal this just to light up some saps on TGP.
                              The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Literally the only thing that I’d consider a downside is only one pitch block and only for the rare time I’m using the Virtual Capo + Whammy. Aside from that, this thing is fuckin’ solid!
                                The Karmic Law is not kismet. It is not fate but cause and effect. It is a taskmaster to the unwise; a servant to the wise.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Hulk Krogan View Post

                                  Same!
                                  I got on the waitlist, so I'll sell my FM3. I guess its good I kept that plastic on the screens!

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    LOL. Leon’s video uses the flanger. Sounds good to me!

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post

                                      Gonna steal this just to light up some saps on TGP.
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 2.26.42 PM.png
Views:	282
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	24367

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by scole View Post
                                        Or the flanger.

                                        Anyways, if there's a YouTuber to trust about Fractal stuff, this is the guy...
                                        That dude has so much charisma you'd trust him with just about anything.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Plate Reverb confined in Leon’s video

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by RevDrucifer View Post
                                            Literally the only thing that I’d consider a downside is only one pitch block and only for the rare time I’m using the Virtual Capo + Whammy. Aside from that, this thing is fuckin’ solid!
                                            No RTA block? Outrageous!

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Damn, they upped the ante with that one.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Cool! When I get tired of my Katana presets I could put one of these in front of it

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by Hulk Krogan View Post

                                                  No RTA block? Outrageous!
                                                  The imperfect distillation.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X