Considering getting a road case to fit my 5153 50W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering getting a road case to fit my 5153 50W

Looking for recommendations on a budget.

I've been thinking about getting some type of road case on wheels that will fit my EVH 5153 50W plus a power conditioner and a have at least room for more rack gear or a drawer or something.

I'm pretty ignorant to rack stuff in general so looking for reccomendations and advice. Will likely be purchasing it used.

https://www.calzoneandanvil.com/rack-cases/

These guys do amazing custom work. Otherwise, searching "amp case" on Reverb/Ebay will take you pretty far.

Comment

Also check Facebook Marketplace. I’ve seen a variety of cases in my area on there lately

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210911_020440088.MP.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	5.06 MB
ID:	26276Lucky me! I found the perfect size road case here in town for cheap on Craigslist. $65.

Interior dimensions are 22.25 tall, 21.25 wide and 14" deep.

My amp is 8.5 x 20 x 12.

Current plan is to make a partition on the bottom for the amp, and and top will have a 7U rack (12.25") https://www.diyroadcasesstore.com/ra...-7-space-each/

1/2" partition mounted horizontally using these https://www.diyroadcasesstore.com/1-...xtrusion-6-ft/

Which will leave me a 12.25 high x 21.25 wide space. So I need to make up about 2" of space (21.25 - 19") widthwise (1" per side) to mount the rack. I'll need to figure out what material to use and how to attach them to the sides of the case.

Anyway should be a fun project.

Questions I have if anyone can help.

1. The amp is 12" deep and the case is 14" deep. How can I keep the amp from moving forward and back in the case?

2. How can I attach the rack flanges to the case (see above). For a 19" wide rack, I've got 21.25" of space, so I need to make up 1-1.25" on either side, and I need something to mount the flanges to.

Comment

Rough drawing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210911_134554162.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	26278

Comment

Comment

man jerk Like this?

https://www.roadcases.com/categories...d-Combo-Cases/

Comment

You will be able to cancel your gym membership after you get that all loaded!

Comment

So you got to load in and thought? What could make this even more miserable? I see

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    So you got to load in and thought? What could make this even more miserable? I see
                    Not sure I see the logic here Nick. The case itself is pretty small and does not weight a lot. My end game is trying to cut down on set up / tear down times and make things more accident proof. Having nearly everything statically mounted in a case will cut down on troubleshooting.

Comment

Yeah that's fair enough if it's all pre cabled etc, I'm just thinking how heavy my live setup would be if I stuffed it all in one box and then tried to lift it up or down stairs.

Comment

Thankfully my head is not too heavy on it's own so that definably helps. Plus I'm old so the less fiddling around I have to do the better.

Comment

This reminds me of the 12-space rack I built for my old TriAxis rig, which I immediately disassembled because I couldn't lift it into my own car

Comment

Working...
                          X