NGD: Marshall AVT150 1x12 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGD: Marshall AVT150 1x12 combo

I've been amp-less for a while, since I'm studio-only and record DI. However, I've also been wanting a knockabout amp for practicing downstairs, and so I picked this up this weekend for dirt cheap at Atomic Music.

I've liked the sound of the Marshall Valvestates for a long time, but I was shocked at how much better this sounded at room volume at the store compared to the other inexpensive combos they had--including a couple tube amps. Beyond just the amp features, I suspect the oversized cab for a 1x12 probably plays into that, as this is a much deeper, lusher sounding 1x12 than the smaller combos I played.

The cleans sound gorgeous on this one, which isn't something you normally expect from Marshall. The gains are where you hear the transistors (though I know this has a tube preamp section). Still sounds better than the other cheapo amps I compared it against, though.

I believe it's also the first Marshall product I've ever owned, which just tells you how long I've doing weirdo DI recording stuff.

Those do sound surprisingly good. Nice score.

Comment

Comment

Nice score. And, it’s “Mosh All” if you’re gonna play it in PGC...
        Don't expect much, it's not like I'm a Rocket Surgeon...

Comment

Nice. I have always been curious how these sound compared to the original valvestate amps.

Comment

Working...
          X